A Musical Bond

CHENLE'S POV:

CHENLE'S POV:

I wake up in a bright, white, room. 

Why am I here?

I look around and see familiar faces. Jisung and the Dreamies to my right and the whole Twice pack to my left, all sleeping on the benches and cuddling each other.

I look down at my hands.

An IV cable? Is this the hospital? Did I pass out again?

...but I had my inhaler with me...

...

...no I didn't.

I suddenly recall the last few memories I have of that moment in the hallway, hanging my head down in shame, that I'm so problematic.

It's always me and my stupid wolf. Jisung deserves better. They all deserve better...

My thoughts are interrupted, as usual, by Doctor Doyoung opening the door and walking in.

"Ah Chenle, you're awake. That's very good. If it hadn't been for the nurse and your boyfriend, my job would've been much harder." he says, calmly.

He turns to look at his brother, Jeno, who's sleeping on Jaemin's lap and cuddling into Renjun, totally unlike his normal tough personality. Doyoung slips his phone out and snaps a picture of the couple.

"Don't mind me, I just need this picture for blackmail....and maybe to fuel my hopeless romantic heart." Doyoung says, with a classic bunny smile.

I giggle at the cute sight.

I can't wait for the future wedding.

"I need to ask you a question before getting everything set for you to be discharged again. Are you okay with this?" The bunny-like doctor asks.

I nod.

"Ok, thank you. Is there anything that you used to specifically connect with your false mate? Maybe an activity that you enjoyed doing with them?"

I dive into my memories.

"Seokkie! Can we sing another duet today?" I ask.

"Of course Chenle! What do you want to sing?" Dongseok replies.

"Let's sing Love Me Right by EXO!" I saw, getting my lyric sheet ready.

Dongseok starts playing his guitar and I sing a melodic version of the song. Singing is the one thing that has stuck with me since birth. I knew that Dongseok and I were meant to be mates when we shared our deep love for music and vocals. 

"I'm going to have to speak to your boyfriend for a minute, so excuse us!" Doyoung excitedly says, after I finish talking.

Doyoung taps Jisung on his shoulder to wake him up. Jisung just opens his eyes and walks out the door, not bothering to notice me.