One: A smile to make my day

"P'Mew, have you seen Fluke?"

"How many times did I tell you to call me manager?" The old man complained.

"So where is Fluke?"

He let out a sigh. "Ohm picked him up 30 minutes ago."

It's just 6:30 in the morning.

"Don't worry about your brother, he'll be fine with Ohm." This  old man talks a lot lately.

"It's 6:30, IN THE MORNING. Who goes on a date this early?"

He laughed so hard. "Come on, let them enjoy, okay? Ohm has been busy. This is the only time that they can be together."

"They call each other every morning and every night." I informed the old man.

"Oh come on Kao, stop being a jealous and overly protective brother. Come on, join me. Let's eat breakfast before you go to the hospital."

"No thanks, I have a busy schedule ahead." And I excused myself.

"P'Kao!!!" And there she is, smiling brightly and waving at me.

"Heart." I said to myself.

"Are you done with your rounds P'?" The smile on her face hasn't fade. It's always been the same smile.

I nodded.

"Do you want to have dinner tonight?" She asked, with the hope of me accepting her invitation.

I want to, but...

"I couldn't tonight." She frowned. "I have an urgent matter to attend to." I explained.

She nodded. "Is it about work?" I shook my head. "Family matter?" I nodded. "It's okay, P'Kao. I understand."

It's not okay. I wanted to be with you.

"How about Friday?" Her face brightened when I asked her.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded. "You don't have work here or at the coffee shop?" She's making sure the dinner will push through. I shook my head. The smile on her face is back. "Okay, then, Phi, let's have dinner on Friday!"

She kissed my cheeks. I saw the wider smile on her face before she ran away.

Beep.beep.beep.

Fluke:P'KAO!!! MASTER IS HERE!

And there he is, introducing himself to P'Mew and P'Apple when I arrived at the coffee shop. His bags scattered all over the entrance. Something's never changed. Fluke told him I arrived, he turned around and smiled, showing his beautifully aligned teeth (which were bracketed years ago.)

"P'Kao!!!" He shouted as he ran towards me.

"Earth, let go of me." I commanded him. He released me from his tight hug. He's still the same. The energetic Earth who left two years ago.

"I missed you soooo much P'Kao!!!" Still smiling.

"Hmm" I nodded.

I saw the dismayed look in his face. But knowing him, it's just an expression that will later on fade away.

He smiled again. "You missed me, right?" I just looked at him. "Right? Right? Say it na~~~~na~~~ P'Kao!!!!"

Sigh. "Hmmm" I nodded again. He smiled more. Brighter and livelier.