Chapter 5 - Start Line

"Hey Izuku, it's been a long time since we've spoken and ah, I'd like to t-thank you f-for saving me from that s-sludge villain b-b-but I-I would've been more than capable to take down that piece of shit myself!"

"Hah, no worries Kacchan, heard you're looking into applying for U.A."

"What are you talking about Deku, I AM applying for U.A."

"Well see you in the entrance exam then!"

"Huh, I should've expected that from you Deku, but I'll be taking first place in the entrance exams."

"Good luck on doing that Kacchan."

"See you around Izuku, and oh, it's nice getting to able to catch up with you."

"It's nice seeing you too Kacchan."

(End Of Flashback)

"So, this the ideal training place to prepare me for U.A?" Izuku said while staring at the trash-filled beach, "Yes indeed! you can clean up all the trash on the beach and improve your physical strength." Toshinori said turning into his buffed form. "You know I can just use my quirk and incinerate everything here right," Izuku said lifting his finger up, separating the waves as a pathway formed to the horizon for a few seconds. "Ah, y-yes, that's why you won't be using your quirk!" All might said with a hint of fear as he tries to stand still with the immense shockwaves Izuku created with a flick of a finger. "Fair enough, I'll do my best," Izuku said putting on a priceless smile, "Anyways, you know you don't have to do the exams, I already put you in with recommendations," Toshinori asked the greenette with a curious look on his face, "yeah, but, that's called getting in doing nothing, I'll still be A recommended, but I do still want to do the exams." 

"So, Just sit back and watch as I completely clean this beach." The green-haired angel said as he dashes towards the far end of the beach. Toshinori could only smile at the sight and power of his son, 'What did I do to get such a wonderful son like this, so caring and a heart full of heroics.' He thought to himself as he saw Izuku getting down to business. 

(2 weeks later, Dagobah Municipal Beach Park, Musutafu, Japan.)

 After an entire day of cleaning and going through his exercise schedule, Izuku falls on the soft sand and stares up at the clouds feeling exhausted. He quickly got up however to clean his back off of sand as he isn't wearing any shirts on top. He starts walking towards his stuff at the top of the beach as he sensed a presence around him, he instantly activates his god vision but to his surprise, there was a girl standing around the corner on the walkway and was paying an exceedingly high amount of attention to him (Or Staring), she has long black hair tied into a spiky ponytail with a large strand hanging on the right side of her face with beautiful black onyx eyes. 

Yaoyorozu P.O.V

'Oh shit, did he just catch me staring?' I thought as I put my hands on my burning cheeks running across to the other side of the street, 'I'll just run away, I hope he didn't see my face, this is so embarrassing.' However, my eyes widen as I saw a fast going car only meters away from hitting me, I shut my eyes on instinct and put my arms around my head to braced for the impact, but nothing came, instead, I felt a warm and strong arm around my body. I slowly open my eyes scared of what I might see but my eyes widen on what seems like an angel holding onto me with one arm out completely decimating the front of the car.

"Are you okay?" The person said looking at me with a worried face, "Y-yeah" was all I managed to get out before I realized that the person in front of me is none other than the green-haired boy I was caught staring at, my face immediately went into a deep blush as I saw him holding onto me shirtless. 

Third Person P.O.V

Izuku blushed furiously realizing that he was shirtless in front of a girl, not just any girl, but an extremely pretty one. "T-t-th-thank you." The girls said, still in his arms. "n-no p-problem." Izuku managed to get out before the sound of sirens and police cars surrounded them. 

An officer walked towards them and started to speak, "Did you stop this car?" Izuku looks up towards the Officer, "Yes, yes I did, I'll explain to you what happened." After a thorough explanation from the greenette, the officer also explained how the car he stopped was a high valued bank robbery and how Izuku helped the Police and stopping the car as well as saving a citizen from danger. Izuku however, couldn't be less relieved as the media starts to crowd him and blasting questions at his face.

"Why did you choose to intervene?"

"How did you manage to stop a car going that fast?"

"Are you looking for a career in heroism?"

"Aren't you that kid from the sludge incident a few months ago?"

"Okay! I'll answer some of your questions, just let me speak." The media silenced, keen to hear what the young teen's got to say. "Saving people is not something I can do, but something I must do. Being a hero isn't anything about money or fame, it's simply about saving the innocents and those who can't fend for themselves whenever possible, a hero is one who always risks their lives for the sake of others and that's why I chose to help as well as why I choose to intervene with the Sludge Incident months ago, and now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and train for my coming exam." The crowd was shocked at how wise the kid is and how much heroism the teen showed and immediately started blasting more and more questions at the boy but Izuku just walks away, getting his stuff and putting on a shirt while telepathically telling the girl still on the ground with reporters around her to follow him, which to her surprise confused her for a bit but still followed suit.

After a while of walking and trying to get the media off their tail, they finally stopped near the other side of the beach. "so... you never got to tell me your name." Izuku said suddenly breaking the silence between them. "O-Oh, Yaoyorozu Momo, and yours?" "Toshinori Izuku," Izuku said as a smile came from the girl.

"What were you doing on the beach, I s-saw you clearing up rubbish." 

"Oh, I was training and getting ready for U.A." 

"Oh? I'm going to U.A High too! Although I got in with recommendations."

"Haha, what a coincidence, me too." 

"Huh? I thought you said you were going to take the entrance exam?"

"Oh yes I am, My father told me that I didn't have to do it but I don't want to miss out on the chance to meet other people and see their quirks in action." 

"Oh, so you're doing it because you want to?"

"In simple terms yes." 

"Interesting, well I hope we get along if we do end up in the same class."

"I hope so too, oh! And would you mind if we exchange phone numbers?" Izuku asked the now blushing momo, "A-ah, s-sure." Momo managed to say before they exchanged phone numbers, "A-and uhm, I'm s-sorry for staring before, I wasn't being weird or anything, I Jus-" "It's okay." Izuku said with the best smile he could put on which absolutely destroyed momo's mind leaving her standing there staring. "Well if you need me any time, I'll be training here Monday to Friday," Izuku said before walking back towards the direction of his house. "I should be heading home now, my parents must be getting anxious after seeing the news," Izuku said planting one last smile before waving her goodbye, "See you around Toshinori," Momo said before turning her own way home. 'What a day' they both thought.