Chapter 14

(Yes you're reading the right book)

Somewhere in the south Americas

Kurisu Asami POV

Can you believe it, it's been 160 years since the scientific revolution and all we did was sit around in some jungle, hoping and begging for something to happen.

It's seemed to be raining outside the cave-like complex again, the heavy raindrops resonated within the great hall which were filled to the brim with the books and priceless knowledge passed down from our ancestors, the walls of the structure comprised mostly of timber and neatly carved wood. The endless rows of bookshelves and tables filled the sides of the long hallway, the crystals which lined up amongst the tall pillars shun a color of mystic blue as it illuminated the huge place. 

Welcome to the library section of Chaldea, a place where Mages and magic users alike reside and prepare for war. 

Ever since the revolution of quirked humans with superhuman abilities appeared in the world stage, the mages' association was forced to go into a state of the deep freeze. 

After the collapse of the 21st century, we had nowhere left to go but up.

And thus a civil war erupted.

And as you can see, we lost miserably. Don't get me wrong, Magecraft is 100% absolutely superior to quirks. We apparently lost because we were backstabbed by quirkless humans, our numbers were very few to begin with so we sought assistance from the far rights. But they seemed to see us as even less than mutated beasts. 

"Kurisuuuu~ Helloo~?" 

Ah, looks like someone's calling me. I turned around from the windows which were covered by rainwater and stared into a pair of ocean blue eyes. 

"God forsakes Kuri-chan, I've been calling your name for the last 30 seconds! You shouldn't be daydreaming in the library in a time like this, we're going to war!" 

Yes, that's right, we're going to war against the quirked and foolish demi-Humans which ruled most of the world. The girl in front of me, Mikoto Tohsaka, my childhood best friend and assistant in Thaumaturgy. 

(Not mine 'obviously', found it on twitter)

"Ah, sorry about that, I've been spacing out a lot recently haven't I... Anyways, are the preparations ready?" 

"Yes, everything's ready to go, we just need THE Dr. Asumi to draw us her Age.Of.Gods Magic circle!"

She's teasing me again. Dr. Asumi, or in other words, me, is responsible for the advancements in the field of magecraft. Well, it's more like researching ancient mage craft and magic circuits. It's more like rediscovering. 

"Yes, yes, I get it Miko, you don't have to emphasize the words so much." I gave her a rather annoyed expression, to which she replied with a massive grin on her face and her hands on her hips. "My best friend and boss is the founder of modern Ancient Magic! How can I not be proud of that!"