[10] Saussy Village

3rd POV

Asta screamed as he was thrown into the air and being chased by a large wild boar. 

"A wild boar's right after me! It's huge!" Asta shouted.

"IS IT USING MAGIC OR SOMETHING?!" 

Before the large beast could catch up to Asta, Erza swiftly glides in front of the boar and slides her sword through it harshly. Asta stops running and pants heavily.

"What the hell!? How could you do that without being scared?!" 

"It's nothing, but for the sake of the mission, pull yourself together," Erza said, before walking off. 

As Noelle and Magna rest and watch from a distance, a boar comes charging at them. Noelle jumps in surprise and fails to attack it quickly. Before anyone can make a move, the boar freezes instantly. The frozen boar shatters onto the ground, revealing Gray behind where it once stood. 

Noelle sighed in relief. Erza and Asta walk up beside Gray and wait for instructions.

"Good job guys, but it ain't over yet." 

They look over to see a hoard of boars waiting to strike at any moment. Before Gray and Erza could attack, Magna stops them and glances at Asta.

"You go, kid. They already wiped out most of it. At least get these last ones," Magna laughed. 

"Yes sir!" Asta runs towards the boars, grasping onto his anti-magic sword and takes them out. Magna and Asta carry the last boars. 

"Three or four wild boars ain't nothing." 

"You've got some impressive brute strength. This should make Old Man Seyhe happy. Let's have ourselves a wild boar party." 

"The mayor of Saussy Village.. Seyhe? You know him?" Noelle asked. 

"Isn't he the man you guys lost everyone on?" 

"Yeah. I've known him for a while."

"I'm from Rayaka village, which is just past here. But I used to be a bit of a handful when I was a kid," Magna explained.

"I got a big head after I got my grimoire and went into Saussy Village with intent of taking over, too." 

After a little bit of time, he kept explaining his young age and past with Old Man Seyhe. 

"Well, I'm glad that you haven't change too much since then. Even though I wasn't there, I can tell that you have a strong bond with this man," Erza explained with a smile. 

"Yeah, he did a lot for me." 

While he was speaking, he stopped and dropped the boar down beside him. Everyone looked at him in confusion and looked ahead. 

"The village.."

"It's covered in mist." 

"Wow, the weather sucks in that town." 

"It's not weather, it's magic."

"What?!" 

The five of them stood in front of the entrance of the village to get a closer look.

"Once we enter it, we would probably get lost," Noelle commented. 

"That's true. Since it's magic, it won't be something very easy to get rid of as well," Erza added. 

"Actually it would be.." Gray said, glancing at Asta. 

"Right!" 

"Asta, use your sword to get rid of the mist in our path inside the village," Erza instructed. 

"Sure thing! Wait-" 

Before he could speak, Erza glares at him to continue. He gulps and starts slicing through the mist with his sword. They ran into the village as Magna guided Asta to where to make the mist disappear along their path. 

With one swipe, Noelle, Magna, Erza, and Gray stopped for a moment. 

"Did you guys feel that?" Magna asked. 

"Yes, powerful magic."

"Straight ahead, be careful," Magna said. 

With another swipe, many children and villagers sat on their knees together in a group. Many in tears, many praying for their safety. They widened their eyes at the scene. 

"What happened here?" Gray mumbled. 

They looked up to see many crystal shards fidgeting in place on top of the group of villagers. 

"This is your execution."

The shards quickly started to drop on top of the villagers, but before they could, Magna destroys the blistering shards. The villagers looked over at the five magic knights and smiled in relief and tears.

"The magic knights came to save us!" 

"Nick, what the heck is going on!?" Magna asks.

They look over to see Old Man Seyhe on the ground, bleeding. 

"The mayor.. he tried to protect us.." 

Click. 

"Are you the ones who have caused devastation to this village?!" Erza shouts, looking over at a man sitting, with three standing behind him. 

They stayed silent. 

"How dare you put me behind schedule. You'll all be executed in ten seconds," the man said before pulling out his grimoire. 

A giant crystal shards comes charging at them. Erza jumps in front of everyone and stops the shard with her palm. She grunts as she shatters the crystal into dust. 

"Erza!" 

"You'll pay greatly for the damage you've caused to this village!"