𝟾. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚜 - 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷

The weekend came, and you were at the Spellman house once again.

"Are you okay?" Ambrose asks with a tilted head. You snap out of your thoughts, "Yeah, no, yeah of course!" you stutter, avoiding eye contact "Marble?" he asks, elegantly taking your hand. "I am fine" you make an as convincing smile as possible, and Ambrose lets it go. For now. You couldn't get the thought out of your head. What was Blackwood planning? If he laid as much as a finger on Ambrose, you'd kill him thats for sure.

"Aunties? Why are there... intestines.. hanging on the door?" Sabrina says, closing the door quickly after Harvey Kinkle, her boyfriend who is left confused in the yard. You give him a nod, to make sure he leaves. She carefully puts the intestines on the kitchen table before washing your hands.

"You've been chosen for the feast of feasts, the Spellman household." you say, clasping your hands. You can't . help but feel slightly relieved that you didn't get chosen, and yet you wondered.. Why didn't the dark lord choose you? Didn't he want you dead by now?

"Well considering Hilda was excommunicated, and Ambrose is on house arrest.." the mentioning of Ambrose made you tense, and you automatically grabbed his hand. He looks at you, a little surprised, he didn't think of you as a person to show affection. You weren't typically like that, but you still didn't know if anything would happen to him because of you and your monster of a father. "..I will represent the family this year" Zelda finishes "Aunty zee, you can't do that. It's absurd!" Sabrina complains, looking et you for confirmation, but you just sigh. You weren't the one to go against the Dark Lords rules at the moment.

"I will represent the family" Sabrina says, firmly placing her mug on the small table "You will most certainly not!" Zeldas voice pierce through the room "Do you really think the dakr lord wants me killed?" she says with a raised eyebrow. "Sabrina-" you begin. Were you about to lose your only real friend "Marble, it's alright" she says with a confident voice "It's settled then" Zelda mumbles, hoping Sabrina would be scared and back out of it. Hilda glances nervously around the room with a soft smile "It's dinner time soon!" she tries to lighten the mood.

--

It's the day of the fest of feasts, and you are sitting in Sabrina's room. "This?" she asks, holding a delicate flower dress up in front of here. You once again shake your head, when your eyes land on something else in her closet. You take big steps, snapping the dress out. It was loose sating, with thin straps and a pearly white color "This" you say excitedly, holding it right in Sabrina's face "I've never worn that.. you can have it" she says casually, and put on her own dress "What?" you asks, laying the dress carefully on the bed. Why did she say that? She just gave you a dress? "Well, it's not exactly my style, i got it from Zelda once, and it would suit you much better!" she says with a smile, as she twirls in front of the mirror.

"Have you never shared clothes with someone?" she says as a joke, but you shake your head. You didn't really have many friends, you tended to either scare them off, or find fake ones that only wanted to get to Faustus. "Really?" she sits down next to you on the bed, carefully putting a hand on your shoulder "Well, getting friends isn't exactly one of my specialities" you say with a grin.

Sabrina doesn't laugh with you. She feels bad, that you never experienced a true friendship, like the one she has with Harvey, Roz and Susie. You don't want to feel pitied, so you change into your dress to change the subject "Hows this?" you ask, correcting your hair in the mirror "Beautiful" another voice says. You meet Ambrose's gaze in the mirror, as he kisses your shoulder softly, sending shivers down your arm. You never got this kind of affection. Sabrina looked at the two of you in awe. Ambroses hand caresses the material of the dress, watching his hands every move. You gulp as his eyes meet yours again.

You were so unfamiliar with this feeling. Did you really like Ambrose, or was it just a crush? You couldn't tell, but you craved him right now, you knew that.

"We can't be late!" Zeldas voice sounds from the hall. You snap out of your moment, walking down the stairs "Oh you all look lovely!" Hilda says excitedly as you walk down.

--

Ambroses hand rests on your thigh, as you sit tightly int the churches seats. Sabrina is standing on the line of girls. Prudence is also one of them, and that also made you feel horrible. As mentioned, you had this weird protecting feeling of her. She was a very strong and independent woman, but you've seen her vulnerable, and sometimes she takes things too far. "What if Prudence or Sabrina dies? Today?" you say with a slightly hitched breath to Ambrose. He squeezes your thigh "It's gonna be okay" he whispers right before Faustus' voice sounds loud and clear in the church

"Welcome witches, to the Feast of Feasts!" the whole coven applauds him, except you. You see no reason why you should be clapping of your father getting ready to eat your best friends. "The contestants are lined up, and ready to draw!" Lady Blackwood hold up a box, like she's in a TV commercial with a plastered smile. Sabrina and you make eye contact, and you nod to her as assurance. If she drew the paper, you would not let her die. Not like this. Lady Blackwood takes elegant steps towards each contestant as they draw a paper. Sabrina gulps, looking a little confused "Burn it" you whisper to her.

She holds the white paper over the candle flame, and it immediately catches fire. The smoke is not grey, but red. A dark, blood red. Sabrina's eyes widen, thinking she got chosen. You make a relief sigh along Ambrose. Sabrina was to be handmaiden of the queen, much better than dying you would say.

Prudence's face lights up as she sees the misty white smoke appear from her paper "No" you exclaim, and she gives you a dirty look "Prudence, please" you say. Sabrina understand immediately. Prudence was queen

"All hail the new queen, Prudence!" Faustus yells with open arms. The girl next to Prudence starts crying. This wasn't prom, this was life or death. "Why is mine red?" Sabrina asks "You are my handmaiden until the feast Sabrina" prudence says with a smirk, happy to be able to control Sabrina for a week like a slave.

You felt tears brim in your eyes. Prudence was the queen. She was going to die.