outraged // 4

O u t r a g e d

          Chuck couldn't help but go over their progress today. He looked down towards Lolly, and was happy to say she was like a whole different person from earlier. It wasn't hard to earn her trust. All you had to do was be kind towards her. He was startled that he wanted this small girl to be more.

          Chuck and Lolly rounded the corner, and bumped into someone. Much to Chuck's discomfort, that someone happened to be Corey, his ex girlfriend of three months. 

          Corey stumbled out of a boy's dorm room with smeared lipstick and wobbling heels. When they bumped into each other, it caused her to fall into Chuck's arms, which was uncomfortable.

          "Um.. Hey, Corey. Long time no see, right?" Chuck gently shoved her off, and rubbed the back of his neck. He glanced at Lolly and didn't like her expression. She looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there. 

          Chuck could see the wheels turning in Corey's head. He was still holding Lolly's hand, so he squeezed Lolly's hand softly. Corey is a lot of things, and observant is at the top of the list. That's why it didn't surprise him when he saw Corey notice the gesture.

          Something turned in his gut when he saw the savage glint in Corey's eye, directed towards Lolly.  

          "So.." Corey drawled out. Her English accent shined out. Lolly slightly cowered behind Chuck. Corey pretended to be timid. "Is this the girl you were texting me about?" Corey leaned over and pretended to whisper in Chuck's ear. Though, It was obvious Lolly heard it becaused she tensed up. 

          He panicked when Lolly pulled her hand from him, obviously thinking that he was texting Corey when he was really texting his brother. She wrapped her arms around herself, and visibly shrunk back into her shell he tried hard to get her out of. 

          He glared at Corey, and was about to tell her off, but he got cut off. "I'm shocked you would say something so mean to someone!" Corey looked sympethetic towards Lolly, who was chewing her lip and glancing towards the exit.

          And Corey just had to keep going. "She is not ugly, and doesn't look boring at all!" She scolded a whithering Chuck. 

          "I did not say anything like that, Lolly!" He reached out to try to get her to believe him, but she was already taking steps away. Chuck got a flash back of this morning, when she did the same thing to him. It was like a shove in the gut when once again, tears sprang in her eyes. 

          "I have to go feed my cat." Lolly squeaked. Then she bolted out the door before he could explain that Corey was lying. 

          Corey snorted as she watched Lolly's retreating back, and sighed. "I honestly don't know why you waste your time with her." She said as she turned back to a fuming Chuck. 

          Chuck jabbed a finger at Corey, and took a step closer. "Leave me and Lolly the hell alone." He warned. Corey only laughed, and said something that left him feeling cold.

          "I don't think Lolly is going to want to see you anytime soon." she laughed. Chuck ignored her and ran to the door. When he pushed it over and ran outside the dorm complex, he scanned the area to see if Lolly was there. 

          When he didn't see her, he gripped his hair and yelled profanities. Thanks to Corey, Lolly thinks that Chuck called her ugly and boring. How could he make things clear when he doesn't even know where she went?