Sheepish // 6

S h e e p i s h 

          Chuck heard Lolly before he saw her at the pharmacy. He was hiding in another aisle close by her as she talked to Jake. He knew he couldn't just pop out and beg for forgiveness. So, he did the next best thing. 

          He followed her to her apartment. 

          Which was conveniently close to his. 

      He knocked on her door with his phone ready to show her proof that he was not texting Corey. When Lolly opened the door, he put on his best puppy dog eyes, and hoped she wasn't immune. When she squeaked and slammed the door in her face, he panicked. 

          "Lolly, please let me explain. Corey was lying. I would never saw something like that about you, ever!" Chuck yelled through her door. He raised his hand to knock again, but the door swung open before he could. 

          With anger he's never seen before on her, Lolly let everything off her chest. "How can I be so sure you're not just another jerk, Chunk?"

          He smiled at his new nickname, and she stomped her foot. "I'm serious! I've embarrassed myself in front of you more then I care to admit." she chewed her lip. It took a lot of will power on Chucks side not to stare. 

          He took a step closer towards her, and she angled the door as a barrier. "Look, I can give you proof!" He lifted his phone to show her his texts to his brother. "Look at the time these were sent. I was texting my brother, not Corey. And look-" he scrolled until he found Corey's contact. 

          "I haven't texted Corey in two months." His eyes pleaded for her to believe him. Lolly wasn't giving in too easily. 

          "How do I know you didn't just delete your messages to Corey?" she questioned. 

          Not having an explanation, Chuck plopped down on the floor. "I don't have a way to prove that I didn't do that, so I'm going to sit here until you believe me." 

          Lolly leaned a hip on the door frame. "You're going to sit here all night?" She thought he was bluffing, but he was going to make her eat her words. 

          He leaned back against the wall and smirked. "Yep." She smirked back. 

          "Good." 

          Chuck must have fallen asleep because he woke up to the sound of Lolly's door closing. He lazily rubbed the crick out of his neck. He yawned, and when his vision was cleared, he looked around at his surroundings. 

          To his right was a pillow and fuzzy blanket, and to his left was a bowl of chicken noodle soup. He pulled the blanket around his shoulders, and picked the soup up. The soup warmed his insides, and he smiled to himself. 

          Lolly's door opened and she walked out wearing pajamas with ducks on them. He tried to keep his satisfactory smile at bay as she sat beside him. She had a bowl of soup and a blanket of her own. 

          They sat in silence before Lolly broke it. "I believe you." she said. Chuck looked at her, relieved. "What made you decide to believe me?" He asked. 

          "Well, I didn't believe you because your Chuck-freaking-Eddington. It just made sense that you thought I was boring. Compared to how you live, my life is boring. Your known for throwing parties, and I've never been to a party in my li-" 

          Chuck didn't want to hear any more. "You're not boring." he told her seriously. She gulped and nodded her head. To lighten the mood he bumped her shoulder with his. "Even if you're in college and have never been to a party." 

          He didn't miss the blush she was trying to hide. He was glad he finally got to see it after three days of her avoiding him. 

          "Will you take me to a party?" Lolly asked.

          "Sure." Chuck tried to hide his eagerness. He was always excited to spend time with her.