Part Thirteen

Havent given up, just took a hiatus.
I got some ideas. Gonna take a bit to flesh it out fully.
~

I wake up in the morning to a loud scream coming from the kitchen. I bolted from the bed tripping over my shoes in the process. As I reach the doorway-

"Hey!" I was shooken awake to be immediately greeted by a loud voice, belonging to Billy. As I looked over her face was obviously full of worry... weird. "Uh... sorry something happen?" I ask because nothing is making sense. "You were making a lot of noise and when I opened the divider you just seemed to be having a nightmare, are you ok?" I wasnt exactly expecting to see this question asked so soon, yes I get that dream often but I thought I could handle it for a bit longer. I dont know what to say, I dont want her to worry but explaining it would complicate things, Fuck! Ok calm down... " I'm ok, I tend to have a bit of sleepless nights often, I didnt mean to worry you". I cant do much other then just push this past and hope she doesnt hold onto it and ask later. I rub the side of my head as I sit up. "What are you doing up so early?" I gotta push the conversation forward and keep it natural. It wont help if I just dawdle and say nothing. She sits on her bed which is across, sitting so she faces me. "The mornings quiet compared to the excitement of day to day. Besides, were not far to the next spot anyway. Gotta see my babies and give them a great show" she says with enthusiasm, which seems cut short. "But you wont change the topic on me, are you actually fine? You black out once and now I find you practically shaking and sweating in your bed".

She isnt gonna let it go, shit.

It's not like I can do much else but prolong it down if I cant stop it. "I ain't exactly great. That answer your question?" "Why?" She asks as she leans a bit forward tilting her head ever so slightly. "I got problems that I'm just trying to avoid. Trying not to cross lines. I overshare my problems before and that broke my friendship already. So when a person of your status hangs out with me I tend to stress out." And there I go. Saying too much already.

"What do you mean you broke a friendship?" She asks casually but I can tell she is interested, probably cause this is the only time I will talk about myself openly this soon. "I always wanted to have the type of bond with a person where you can tell then everything. I get over attached to people". I say as I lean against the wall of the frame. "So I tried to get that type of thing with someone, whether it was more of a close friendship or more... well intimate. But no one gave me the chance". "So that's why you seem to keep to yourself. You think us getting close in any way would make me not wanna be friends?" She asks but I think for a second. She isnt wrong... it always seems to be the reason. "I mean that's one way to put it..." silence fills the void that is the room. Neither me or her wants to speak because I dont think either of us know what to say to that. I definitely dont. Billy then gets off the bed and then stands up, looking at me. "Stand up" she says without any hesitation. I follow along, confused as all hell as to why. After a second of standing she then just hugs me tightly all of a sudden, leaving me shocked for a split second. I hug back. I go to speak but she cuts me off. "I wont leave because of you saying something personal. I want the same thing. Someone to be open to" shes ok with this?... why? After about ten seconds I say "thanks". She hugs tighter but then loosens after a couple of seconds. "Well I hope that helped. Now let's go and get something to eat" she says as she walks off to the front of the bus, but stops and turns looking at me "you coming". "Yeah" I say as I follow suit.

It definitely did help.