ミ★ Chapter 4

Twilightbreeze spat out the last herb into the Brown herbs pile, feeling bitterness encircled her tongue

Twilightbreeze spat out the last herb into the Brown herbs pile, feeling bitterness encircled her tongue. "Whoever got poisoned will be poisoned again by these soon. Poor them!" Twilightbreeze swallowed a mouthful of Green herbs that tasted like catmint and mewed when chewing, which made her sound like saying, "Wheverotoisonedilleoisonedgainyeseoon"

Ravenwind cracked up as she shoved each pile of herbs on each leaf and rolled them up in the medicine cat den when Twilightbreeze was covering the ground with big oak leaves and moss in case of sick and injured cats. It was a quarter-moon ago since she received her vision but she hasn't forgotten the slightest bit of it. She kept the vision to herself, though she never stopped observing every cat's actions, seeing who was acting strangely.

"Well, here is the end of our work today. Let's go and get something to eat." Ravenwind announced as they were ready to leave the tree hole that was near the root of the Great Oak. Suddenly, pawsteps rang in Twilightbreeze's ears as she knew a cat was coming. Who would it be?

"May I see Twilightbreeze?" Hearing that familiar voice, Twilightbreeze knew that she must step out of the den to meet this cat. She could not wait to meet this cat as she went for the hole immediately. She jogged to the entrance with Ravenwind following behind and saw the ginger pelted tom with brown eyes who was already expected by her. 

"Hello, Deafears. What's up?" Twilightbreeze tried to control the speed of speaking. Speaking in front of Deafears needed to be slow and short, which was very unlike her talkative self. Deafears stared at her, trying to figure out what she was saying before mewing, "Twilightbreeze, it was nice to meet you again here and I missed you. The deputies want to see you and it was important." 

Facing Twilightbreeze's friend who was a deputy now, Ravenwind pointed her tail at the direction of the fresh-kill pile and walked away, leaving Twilightbreeze. Deafears led the way to the back of the Big Oak and climbed swiftly up to a tree hole at a branch. 

"How is your dad Applespark treating you now? He must be so proud because you succeed in his spot!" Deafears turned to look at Twilightbreeze as she patted his back, forgetting that he had some...disability. She repeated again patiently, trying to open her mouth as wide as possible. 

After several seconds, he replied, "Same old dad, ashamed of his deaf son." Twilightbreeze knew that he was only teasing, but she was no mousebrain. She could hear the bitterness in his deep voice. 

The rest of the journey was silent until Deafears tapped the ground in a special pattern and entered a tree hole with Twilightbreeze behind.

In the hole, familiar faces of Hawkwing, Foxspots, Honeyfoot, Applespark, and Whitestripes were sitting on the ground covered with moss in a circle. Deafears led her to the circle and stuck his tail straight up, doing a flick sharply down. Twilightbreeze nodded as she understood that talking was hard for Deafears so he usually used gestures as she took a seat. 

"Thanks for coming." Hawkwing started speaking, "May we ask you a question?" Twilightbreeze did not know what to expect, but she said, "Of course" anyway. She scanned through the cats sitting on the moss and her gaze landed on Whitestripe. No expressions or feelings are shown on his face but she could see the worry in his eyes.

"Thanks a lot for helping. We all know that you have the ability to foresee. Do you receive any visions lately?" Feeling her tongue tied and throat tightened, Hawkwing's question sparked the war of telling the vision or not. Another shot straight at the point. I mustn't show that I am thinking of anything. I should act calm. But another question kept spinning in her head. 

"Sorry, but I am very curious. Isn't that StarClan deciding what will happen and they can tell the clans?" Twilightbreeze thought through every wordings before they came out of her mouth.

Whitestripe looked at her with disbelief when Honeyfoot explained, "In StarClan, we cannot control what will happen and we just dream about what will happen from the stars." 

"Dreams from the stars, telling you what will happen?" 

"Yes, you are right." Honeyfoot continued, "But the stars stopped sending dreams for over twelve moons and we are panicking, not knowing what to do. SkyClan starts to lose trust in us. We all know that you have the ability to foresee, so do you have any visions lately so we can warn SkyClan?"

A serious battle broke out in Twilightbreeze's head as she asked more questions, trying to think through all the pros and cons of telling or not. 

But this was none of SkyClan's business and she needed to find out whether it is true or not! 

Hawkwing mewed after they answered all her questions, "What about your answer?" 

"I haven't received any visions yet, but if I receive any, I will tell any of you immediately." She tried to spit the words as fast as possible, trying to look at the deputies straight in their eyes. She did not get used to telling lies, clearly that she was lack of the gene of that part.

Stay calm.

No panicking.

Everyone stared at one another in silence as Twilightbreeze's speech came to an end but Deafears' eyes landed on Twilightbreeze. She saw doubt in his eyes. 

As a friend and a cat who had a special ability in sensing the cat's feelings, Twilightbreeze knew that Deafears could detect whether she was telling lies so she tried to act like she was telling the truth. 

Then Hawkwing's figure relaxed, "Thanks for your cooperation and you may leave now. The rest of us are going to have a meeting."

Twilightbreeze walked to the hole and climbed down the tree. But a deep voice stopped her. 

"Wait, Twilightbreeze. Can we have a little chat?"