ミ★ Chapter 7

Twilightbreeze could feel someone was tailing her, and she knew exactly who was doing that without looking

"Let me guess, are you going to follow me and see if I have some private storage of snacks to share with you? Or you want to try some herbs to see why I chewed on them?" Unmistakably, when Twilightbreeze turned her head, she found a mud-colored furred she-cat with green eyes staring at her. Mudblossom stared nervously at her, her tail twisted and her green eyes filled with panic.

Twilightbreeze was surprised by her action, as her enemy was the one who attacked her with words like venom in the lake territories whenever this happened. Twilightbreeze raised her eyebrows as she continued, it was not necessary to show mercy anyway, "I know! You want revenge, isn't it? That's right! How many times have I told you that Waterripple chooses to be with Featherfrost? You do not dare to let Featherfrost pay for this as she is popular, so you do that on me. I don't have choices and you don't listen, so I can just play along with you. Go on!"

Twilightbreeze expected Mudblossom to snap back as Mudblossom shot her a murderous glance, but she did not care. What was the use of impressing someone that did not worth impressing anyway? But Mudblossom kept quiet. "What has gotten in you today?" Twilightbreeze stared at Mudblossom's green eyes with flame, memories flashing back in her mind...

"Do you know you broke my family apart?" Mudpaw snapped as she rushed into the medicine cat den where Twilightpaw was sorting herbs with Ravenwind

"Do you know you broke my family apart?" Mudpaw snapped as she rushed into the medicine cat den where Twilightpaw was sorting herbs with Ravenwind. Ravenwind was shocked by Mudblossom's sudden outburst as Twilightpaw asked, "What?"

Mudpaw roared, "Featherfrost and Waterripple were getting to be mates!" Twilightpaw knew about this and she was happy for her sister, but she knew that if she showed this emotion to Mudpaw, she would earn a smack or something worse for sure. "So? What was the relationship between this and me?"

Mudpaw shouted, "No relation? Featherfrost is your sister and Waterripple's former mate Suntail is my sister!" Twilightpaw knew very clear that what she would say afterward but she kept silent as Mudpaw continued, "This family was once perfect and amazing, but now, it is your curse to break this family into pieces, the later generation of Leafstar and Hawkwing!"

"What about you? Blaming this to the sister of the party. Then why don't you directly tell them? But act like a timid mouse and squeak behind the scene about how angry you are, trying to scare a medicine cat apprentice that is smaller than you but failed. Are you playing the Blame game?" Twilightpaw's words slipped out of her mouth before she found a way to swallow them back. But if she spoke them out, she acted like she was not afraid. Speaking up was not wrong anyway.

Mudpaw was shocked by her reply. She mewed, "How dare you...? I will make sure that your life will be tortured and worst than in the place of no stars. You will see!" She stormed away and stepped on the herbs she had collected. 

Twilightpaw sighed as she saw the herbs on the ground, knowing that she needed to do all the work again and her life would be messed up...

"I am sorry..." The surprisingly soft voice gave Twilightbreeze a heart attack. Twilightbreeze tried to hide her emotion but failed. Mudblossom's green eyes showed another emotion but it was disappeared before she caught it.

"Yes," Twilightbreeze did a huge eye roll, "Should I say I am very glad that you know your mistakes? And forgive you for whatever you have done?"

Mudblossom continued, "I...I...I...knew that I was too awful to you...I am sorry..." Judging from her tone, Twilightbreeze did not really think she meant this. She stared into the pair of green eyes and asked, "What do you want then? Should we hug it out? Come on, Muddy!"

Mudblossom mewed, "I don't deserve anything, but can we be friends?" Twilightbreeze was pretty sure that Mudblossom wanted to smack her with everything she had gotten while she was saying this but she still could not believe what she has heard. She felt something strange about Mudblossom, but she did not know where or exactly which spot. 

Twilightbreeze could not believe what she was going to say, but it was the only way. And it felt so right to do this before further investigations. 

"Sure, why not?"