Ch16 A Little Offer Finale

DING!

The usual little bell sound of the cash register went off and of course the small drawer at the bottom popped out. Seam hummed to himself as he camly knitpicked through it, humming to himself. God! Did he always have to be so slow? Rouxls tapped his foot against the floor impatiently as he was waiting. He just wanted to get what he was owed and leave finally. He was tired, sore, and just done with everything at that moment...Though he would admit, the whole place looked better now- no thanks to Jevil- there was no dust. The air inside the sheap didnt fell so musty. The place was decently organized- All n all a much better appearance if you asked him, but he wouldn't want to do it again. It's too much hassle trying to manage his focus on trying to clean and not getting trapped within these idiots madness....Speaking of which-

He looked over Seam's shoulder, which was a little difficult considering Seam was at least a foot or two taller than him, into the bed room. It seemed warm in a friendly cuddly sorta way. On the couch was Jevil who of course was smiling ear to ear at him. When he caught ROuxls's eye, he tilted his head and lifted a clawed hand to wave at him. Rouxls shuddered at that.

"Art thou almost done?"

Seam didn't look up, instead contining to count out the dark purple dallor bills in his paws. "Almost. Be patient now. Im afraid my eyesight isn't what it used to be."

"Right, right."...He glanced back over into the room. "Uh....By thy way. Where didst thou receive such an unruly little beast?"

"Oh. You mean Mak?" He nodded and Seam just shrugged. "Found them in the woods as a small baby. Don't know they even ended up out there.....most likely abandoned."

"Oh-"

"Yep! Loves anything with a glimmer. Almost tore a whole rudinn apart for a mere ruby."

"...What kind of things art though teaching them-"

"Ah. Here we are." The old cat finally pulled out what looked like a pretty decent stack of dark dollars before holding them out to him with a smile. "For your troubles."

"Thank thee." The worm happily took the stack away from Seam and began to flip through it. Counting with his eyes as Seam reclosed the small register with another small ding noise. Rouxls's happy face soon turned to confusion. He flipped through the small stack again, before looking back up at the calm cat. "Thou has given mineself too much."

Seam chuckled. "No I haven't. With what you had to deal with up to now, I think you deserve it." The look on Rouxls's face made him chuckle.

He looked from the money to Seam a few times..before shaking his hand and trying to hand it back. "N-Nay! I shan't be overpaid for something that has nothing to doth with thou. Thou shan't payest for his mistak-"

He stopped when a paw sudden covered his mouth. He blinked....And his eyes glanced down to the paw still holding back any more noise from his vocal cords. After a moment, he pulled away and revealed the bright blue flush over the worm's face, and chuckled.

"You need it more than I would. Besides, you handled enough for the week. You should go and get some rest before Jevil decides to 'help' some more."

Rouxls groaned. "Don't remindeth me. I-...I best be going before tis morning."

"You look exhausted." He chuckled. "But I wish you save travels back home, Duke."

"Thank thee. Fair thee well, Seam."

The duke gathered his things into his arms with rattled inside the bucket. He always brought alot of things when overdoing something, oh well. He couldn't complain. He watched calmly as the Duke walked his way out the side flap to the sheap, stumbling a bit as his foot caught onto the side. Making him chuckle again. He should really close up shouldn't he? He answered that quetsion by getting up from his sitting position behind the counter and walking over to the cloth door before tying in down securly.

"My, my. What a generous, generous gesture you did?" He turned to find Jevil casually floating in the doorway giving him a smile. "But you have yet to scale victory."

Seam simply smiled back. "Well, one good deed deserves enough, and he could the extra to live suitably for the rest of his 'vacation'. Besides, perhaps my good deed will come back to reward me. But I wonder-" His smile became playful as we walked back towards the counter. "What exactly do you plan on doing to 'mak it up' to the dear duke?"

Jevil smiled wider. "I asked the dear King of Hearts,Hearts that! He suggested something called a date?...I think it's some kind of friendly outing?"

Seam chuckled again. "Oh, really now? And what do you plan on doing to woe the duke? If I remember corectly you have what is called 'tough love'."

Jevil opened his mouth to speak,,,but closed it. Probably Now realizing he didint have any knowledge on the subject. Seam gave a sideways look and hummed.

"Would you perhaps like a small truce to help you with your situation?"

"....I would like that very much, much."

"Good. Firstly I suggest getting used to what the Duke does and doesn't like-"