Best Behavior

I woke up that next morning and I decided to pay my late husband a visit. His former bandmates had all decided to stay with him at Andy & Juliet's house. They just could not bring themselves to leave him like this. 

I got up and stretched and walked over to my closet. I would have my boys have a play date with Zeus again. He had promised them a ride on Hercules's horse Pegasus today. 

Right now, they needed rest. My babies were after all two years old. 

And they have had a rough 12 hours. I wanted them to get as much sleep as possible. Since they were trying to adjust to being up here. Sleep would allow their hearts to heal. 

I flipped through my dresses and found a favorite of mine. I took it out and decided to change the style. I had picked this up from Persephone a while back. I smoothed the top and it transformed into a solid tan conservative strapless top. I saw wide, tan silk ribbon appear and I removed my white nightgown and slide this masterpiece on. I snapped twice and a choker made out of garnets cut raw appeared. 

At the same time, they needed closure

I looked at my hair and sighed. It needed colored. I smoothed it out and it changed into a pitch black with shocking neon orange towards the bottom. I smiled at myself. 

 I snapped my fingers twice and it twirled around and around and dropped into spiral curls. I smiled and my makeup was done in a bronze and deep brown blend. I grabbed a cream and midnight blue cloak and tied it around my neck. Covering my dress up. 

I walked out of my room and went to my boys room. I walked in and they were awake and quietly playing with their under the sea stuffed animals set. I leaned against the door and thought about what I needed to do. They needed closure so they would settle in more. And their grief process would move forward easier. 

"Ashton James? Patrick Alexander? " I said softly as they looked up at me and smiled. "Would you guys like to bring your stuffed Octopus's and join mommy on an trip to visit with your daddy and uncles and aunts for a bit?" I asked as they nodded. 

"Okay, come here babies and lets get you changed into your clothes." I said as they stood up and picked their toys up and put them back. Patrick raced to me and I caught him in my arms. "Will I stay with daddy?" He asked as I hugged him. I pulled him away and brushed his straight, black bangs aside. "No baby, we will just be going down to say goodbye and give hugs. This is just for you guys to give daddy and your uncles and aunts hugs. Since you were unable to when you got hurt yesterday." I said to them both and they nodded. 

I walked over to their dresser and pulled out a pair of matching black skinny jeans and matching black and white button down blouses. It had pinstripes. I wanted them to be in black since in a few days they would be buried. 

I brushed their hair and they grabbed their Octopus's and I lifted them both up and walked out of their room. I walked out of our house and headed to where Zeus resided. Ashton was teasing Patrick. Causing him to punch him back.