235 You Win

Qiu Ling managed to stay in the special dimension for a whole day while keeping quiet. His patience slowly wore thin though and by the time the following day started to darken, he finally lost his temper. "Can I go yet?"

The golden-haired man cracked his eyes open and gave him a lazy glance. "Didn't I say you were supposed to stay here for a few days? It has only been one. How does one day equal several days in your head?" He closed his eyes again, returning to his meditation.

Qiu Ling furrowed his brows and pointed at him but the other person didn't even look. "Old geezer!"

The man opened his eyes and reached over, rapping Qiu Ling on the forehead. "Is this the way you talk to your elders? I thought we had already settled that. My name is Jinde. Jinde. Get that into your head."

"Who cares? I want to see my beloved!"

Jinde gave an exasperated sigh and looked up at the sky. Ah, just why did he have to bother with his child? Was this Heaven playing a joke on him for asking to have some company here in this desolate place? Alright, he would take it back. He could also be by himself. It didn't matter anymore. He didn't need to have somebody keep him company. He wouldn't bother Heaven any longer with his useless wishes. If he did that, would somebody come to take the child away?

"Old geezer!" Qiu Ling reached over and tugged at his sleeve. Why didn't this guy pay him any attention? Hadn't he told him how important this was to him? It was irresponsible to just ignore him!

Jinde sighed once again. "What do you want me to say? Sure, you can go? Who would've thought there'd be a day when you would actually listen to me."

"I don't know what you're talking about. This was all your plan!"

"And you agreed to it. Now, shut up. Whether you stay here or go out and bother whoever you fell in love with, it's none of my business. Honestly, if you love him so much, then what's the problem?"

Qiu Ling wanted to tell him about it but Jinde had already closed his eyes again. Hmph. He didn't want to talk to him either. This guy better not try and ask him later on when he wanted to know. He wouldn't tell him anything!

Qiu Ling turned away and stared at the scrubs a few meters away. Ah, this place really was boring. Never mind that he couldn't see his beloved, there wasn't much else to see either. How had this guy managed to live here for so long?

Eh? Come to think of it ... Qiu Ling turned back around and nudged Jinde's shoulder. "Old geezer, say, since you're alone here and have nothing to do, what do you busy yourself with?"

Jinde raised one golden brow but refused to answer. It was better not to get involved in any discussions with his child.

"Do you have any wine?"

This time Jinde opened his eyes and turned around. "Whether or not there is wine, it's not for you."

"So there is wine."

"No. There isn't. Not for you."

Qiu Ling pursed his lips and pulled his legs to his chest, putting his chin on his knees. Ah, too boring! "Then how long do you think a few days are? Two should be enough, shouldn't they?"

"You are still as troublesome as you were as a child. Do you honestly think that your Master will be hoodwinked into believing that you've changed your behavior if you only stay in here for two days?"

"Well, you could talk to him."

Jinde looked at the child next to him and couldn't help but feel that he had become smarter. "You actually want to bother me until I do just that, don't you? Honestly, there's no need. I already told you that I will speak to him."

Qiu Ling frowned. "I know that! That's not what this is about at all. I don't want to wait a few days. I want to see my beloved now. What if somebody seduces him while I'm shut in here? My poor beloved ... He might be stolen away! Several people already tried that!"

Jinde sighed. It seemed there was no way getting around this. "Alright then, you win. Go and tell your Master that I want to see him. I'll explain to him."

Qiu Ling raised his brows. It was already very good that they were making progress here but ... "I'm not worried about my Master at all. You promised before that you would talk to him, didn't you? I'm just worried about my beloved."

Jinde waved at him. "Which is why you'll go and notify your Master that I want to talk to him. And while he comes here and talks with me, I don't care what you do. Do you understand?"

Qiu Ling's gaze flitted here and there and he finally nodded. "Then ... I'll go and do that." He stood up and hesitatingly took another look at Jinde. The person in question had already closed his eyes and gone back to meditation though. Qiu Ling rushed away and glanced over his shoulder. "Oh, I guess you're not as bad as I thought, old geezer!" With that, he turned around and fled the special dimension.

Jinde cracked his eyes open and shook his head. This child. In a way, he hadn't changed at all. He was still as troublesome as he had been as a child, prone to doing mischief and driving the people around him nuts. But in a way, he might have changed too much. This type of bubbly happiness ... there was no way he truly felt that after everything that had gone wrong.

Well, if the brat was happy when he could go and see that person, then why shouldn't he help them out a bit? It was fine for at least a few people to be happy. Maybe the scars of the past could still be healed this way.