Chapter 1

The woods are no place for a kid. I can tell you that first hand. My entire life I've been taught to destroy, kill, and overcome. But it's so different out here. Terrifying. All I could see was trees. I started to hyperventilate as I turned in a circle trying to find something about this place that was even slightly different then the rest of this godforsaken wood. Nothing. 

My breathing got even heavier. I took a few steps forward and closed my eyes. I couldn't detect any brain activity anywhere around me. Not. Even. A. Damn. Squirrel. 

I tried to take a step back but tripped and fell back. I heard leaves crunching and gasped as I looked around. I closed my eyes. There was something around me, but I couldn't tell what. I opened my eyes. 

"Who's there!?!" I screamed into the emptiness of the forest. More crunching. I screamed again, "I said! Who! Is! There!?" No reply. I could sense something close to the found n my right. I saw scattered visions. A teenage boy with crazy hair running and yelling something I couldn't hear. I stood up quickly. 

More visions came. Four boys watching a red head girl skateboard. One of the boys lying in a hospital bed screaming. I saw the bad place. The one papa made me and eleven go to. I saw a man in a weird suit spraying fire.

Then I saw her. I saw eleven. She was messing with a radio. I whispered, "Eleven?" Her head shot up and she looked me straight in the eye. "Ten?" I tried to reach out to her. But then the visions went away. I looked down at my hands, they were shaking. I was shaking. But I didn't feel weak.  I closed my eyes one more time and found a road about a mile away. 

I walked to the road, thinking about those visions. They came so fast. Usually they stay a little longer than that. When I finally came to the road I stood at the tree line and watched as a few cars passed. There was a seven eleven across the street. Eleven. 

I escaped the lab so I could find her. She got out a few months ago. I'm not sure how many. Papa would knock me out for a few days every once and a while so that I couldn't tell time properly. I wanted to see her so bad. She was my only friend in the world. My sister.

As I stood there in the tree line, I felt it. That weird burning sensation coursing through my veins. Except this time it was stronger. And so was I.

A/N: Super short chapter but like, I only have 2 reads what's the harm. So there's probably going to be some things changed in this story for the sake of it sounding better. So you've been warned 😂