Chapter 8

We pulled into the parking lot of the arcade. When Dustin was talking on that thing, the voice said Lucas and Will. That was the names of two of the other boys that eleven told me about. But I didn't hear their last names. So there is still a slim chance it's not even them. I really hope it was.

Dustin went over to where two other bikes were leaning against the wall. I followed and leaned mine up against the wall after him. "Okay so, I have absolutely no idea how my friends are going to react to you," Dustin explained as we began to walk over to the door, "we don't get a lot of. Well, I guess you could say, normal friends." 

I was about as far from normal as you could get. A super-powered assassin. I assume that's not the norm for thirteen year olds. We walked up to the doors and went inside. There were only a few people there, seeing as the arcade hadn't been open long. Dustin led me over to a group of boys playing a game near the back wall. 

"I'm complete shit at this game!" The tallest with dark hair exclaimed. "Then why do you keep playing!?" this time it was a boy with dark skin. "Because I want to beat your score!" The first exclaimed again, gesturing to the dark skinned boy right after he had lost the game. Dustin and I walked up and he spoke.

"Hey guys," Dustin said and they all spun around facing us now. The shortest boy with Carmel hair looked at me confused and the dark skinned boy pointed at me and spoke again, "Who is she?" It seemed as though the question wasn't directed at me, but I spoke any way. 

"I'm June. I'm, uh, new in town," I said, my eyes darting between the boys. He looked at Dustin with a quizzical face. "I ran into her this morning when I was looking for my cat. I was showing her around town when mike," he gestured to the tallest boy, "called on the walk-in talkie." They all seemed satisfied with the answer.

Mike stepped forward, "I'm Mike, that's Lucas and that's Will." I smiled. "You any good at Phoenix?" I slightly smiled, "never played."

The three boys seemed slightly shocked. Seconds later I found myself in front of an arcade game and a joystick. To the reactions of the quartet, I assumed I was doing well.

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter was super short and really not great. I had no idea how to introduce June to the gang. But that hurdle has been leaped. I'm going to try and update again tomorrow since I don't have school, but we'll see what happens😂😂😂