Chapter 2

The seven-eleven was open, thank god. I decided that I should probably eat something. Then I remembered something. Money. I had been forced to read a few books back in the lab, and I remembered the whole currency thing. Screw it.

I walked into the store and the entire staff turned and stared at me. I walked over to an isle and grabbed a few of these things that said 3 musketeers. Whatever that was. The people tried to talk to me.

"Are you lost?", "Where are your parents?", "You know you have to pay for those right?", they all said at once. But I simply ignored them. I walked out of the store, I needed o distract them. So I burnt the glass doors so much that they shattered and scorched around the edges. 

I ran across the street and through the woods before they could catch up to me. When I was a good way through the woods, I sat down against a tree. I picked up one of the 3 musketeers and tore through the aluminum wrapper. I took a bite. God, that thing was so good. I ate it in mere seconds. I came to the conclusion that I should keep walking as I ate, it was starting to get dark and I did NOT want to be in these woods at night. 

A part of me was hoping that I would get more visions. I had so many questions about the last ones. What was that dude with the hair yelling? Who were those boys and the red head girl? Why was one of them in a hospital bed? What was that fire for? Where is eleven? 

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize I had found a road. Not until my bare feet hit the cool asphalt. I glanced both ways but no cars were coming. I saw a sign about five feet to my right. So I walked up to it. It said "Welcome to Hawkins". Hawkins. That was the the town that the lab was in. Did I walk all the way to the edge of it? 

Maybe it wasn't smart to go back into Hawkins. That is where papa was after all. He could catch me. But what if that's where Eleven was? Suddenly I saw lights on the sign. I spun around and came face to face with a pair of headlights. The car attached to those headlights screeched to a stop. Someone opened the door and slammed it running up to me. I couldn't see their face because of the harsh light, but when the lights went out I saw him. The boy with the hair. 

He ran up to me. "What the hell is a kid doing at the edge of Hawkins at midnight?" He asked. But it seemed as though he was asking himself, not me. He glanced at me up and down, "You're in a hospital gown. Are you okay? Shit!" he ran up to me, crouched down a bit and grabbed my shoulders. "Did someone hurt you?" 

I thought about papa. Forcing me to kill people. They forced me to be an assassin. Forced. They would shock me, hit me. They hurt me. Tears streamed down my face. I nodded and said yes with a broken, shaky voice. His eyes filled with genuine sorrow, "Come here, come here," he said as he pulled me into an embrace, "no ones going to hurt you anymore." 

I wrapped my arms around him. I didn't even know his name, but I trusted him with my life. He brought me into the passenger seat of his car. But started to talk before he drove, "Your gonna come home with me. My parents aren't home so you can sleep in our guest room. Tommorow I'll get Nancy and we can figure out what do with you," I nodded but the words 'we'll figure out what to do with you' scared me straight silly. 

He began to drive. Without taking his eyes off the road he started to speak again, "So what's your name?" I panicked. What was I supposed to tell him. I glanced down at the 010 tattoo on my wrist. Then I turned and looked in the backseat, there was a newspaper. I scanned the paper, I couldn't find anything that I could pass off as my name. Then my yes darted up to the date in the corner.

June 13, 1984. I had an idea. I turned my head to the guy, "You first." He grinned while staring at the road ahead, "She speaks!" he said jokingly. Then he turned serious, "Steve. Steve Harrington," he said. Steve. Nice name. "Now you," he said. 

I looked at his hair once more before answering, "June." He smiled once more but only slightly this time, "Well June," he paused and looked at me dead in the eye, "I'm not going to let you get hurt ever again."

A/N: So this part of the story obviously takes place in June. And it's the summer before the second season takes place. Just in case you were wondering. Which you probably weren't because I legit have 3 reads but like, staying optimistic ya know.