Chapter 15

Being Watched

Chapter 15

This Monday morning I’m feeling more nervous than I did on the first day of school here. I’m scared of what Jeremy will say and I’m also scared of everyone finding out about me stalking him.

I feel like throwing up just by thinking of how everyone would react to news like that.

On my way to school, I start feeling angry as well. I’m angry at George for doing this to me and not giving me a reason, I’m angry at Jeremy for reacting like that, and I’m angry at myself for being such a creep and admitting it to Jeremy.

When I arrive to school, I get the urge to turn around and sprint back home, lock myself up in my room, and sleep all day.

I shiver because of the cold air and pull my jacket tighter around me.

Oh how nice would it be if I could hibernate. Then I wouldn’t have to face Jeremy or anyone else and I wouldn’t have to deal with this cold weather!

Shaking my head at the stupid thoughts, I force my legs to move forward, towards the entrance.

I open the classroom door slowly and step inside.

I stay by the door for a second, looking around. Everything seems normal so far. A few people glance at me and I wait for their reactions anxiously.

They just smile like they usually do and I feel a smile of relief spread on my lips. They don’t know anything.

Walking to my seat, I start to feel a little less nervous, knowing that the news wasn’t out and that only Jeremy knew about it.

For a second, I wish that I didn’t tell Jeremy about it but I know that I should’ve told him.

When I reach my seat, I find Jeremy sitting in his chair, thinking intently.

I don’t bother talking to him, I just put my bag on the floor and take out the copybook I need for first period.

Someone pokes my side and I jump, letting out a small shriek.

Gavin chuckles as I glare at him.

“I see you like being tickled,” he says mischievously and I give him a warning look.

“Don’t you dare tickle me!” I say sternly and he smirks.

 “I won’t,” he replies then adds, “For now.”

I roll my eyes at him and he grins.

“So I was thinking of having another movie night!” He says suddenly, making me smile.

 Before I can say anything else, Henry appears out of nowhere and says, “Are you planning a movie night without me?”

I laugh and tell him, “You are allowed to come too.”

“When and where?” He asks.

“We’ll do it at my place this Saturday,” I reply and they both nod.

“Do what?” Amelia asks as she walks closer to us. “Are you being a naught girl Stephany?”

She smirks at me and both guys chuckle as I blush.

“N-no! It’s a movie night!” I say and she laughs.

“I was just joking,” she says.

“Want to come?” I then ask.