Preferring Nightmares (Kevin Tran)

IMPORTANT: THIS CHAPTER IS A SPOILER! IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE BEGINNINGS OF SEASON NINE, DO NOT READ! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Prompt: You're Kevin's girlfriend and you witness his death.

It had been weird around the bunker lately. Between Sam's random disappearances and Dean acting more suspicious than usual, it wasn't that hard to tell. The only thing that was the same was how much research you and Kevin still had, more so you since Kevin was still trying to decipher the Angel Tablet.

With a sigh, you flipped through another page of the book you were currently reading. It wasn't anything important, just a book you had picked up from the last book store you visited. It was a tale of two "brothers", who fell in love with a girl who turned out to be a beautiful, fanged vampire. It was lovely, but unrealistic. Vampires didn't have two fangs, they had about twenty. Nevertheless, the tale was still very intriguing.

Or at least it was until you heard Kevin calling your name.

Kevin Tran. Even his name could bring a flutter to your heart. The two of you had been in a relationship ever since him and his mom went into hiding.

At first you had been sent by Sam and Dean to watch over him, figuring that since you two were practically the same age, you would be able to get along better with him. Not to mention protect him, after all you were a hunter. You may not have helped the two stop the Apocalypse, but that didn't mean that you hadn't killed Gods or Angels before. In the end, it was just another creature to check off the list.

Shutting the book, a piece of paper stuck inside to hold your place, you stood up. You set the book on the table beside your chair before walking over to the sweet prophet.

"Yeah?" You asked, pushing some fingers through his hair.

He smiled lightly, his eyes looking up to meet yours as he slouched in his seat. "Can you do me a favor? Please?" He begged.

You smiled, softly scratching his scalp. "Of course. What do you need?"

His hand grabbed yours, pulling you closer to him. As you came face to face, you slightly bent over and him stretching, your eyes locked with his. Every few seconds his would dart to your lips, yours probably doing the same.

"Well, first," he began, talking quietly, "I need a kiss."

With that he leaned forward, his lips meeting yours in a breath-taking kiss. Every kiss with Kevin was like that: always taking your breath away.

You sighed into the kiss, feeling one of his hands crawl up to the back of your neck as he pulled you closer. You had to grip one of the arm rests to keep yourself from falling as you leaned in more, as well.

Just as he began to nibble lightly on your bottom lip, you heard someone snort, that being followed by a short whistle.

You immediately pulled away, feeling your cheeks get hot as you met the gazes of the two Winchesters.

Sam had a small unbelieving smile on his face, looking a mix of amused and disgusted. Dean, on the other hand, was clearly enjoying the moment. He had a grin on his face so large that not even a clown could match. His eyes were widened as he giggled like a little school girl.

"What do we have here?" Dean asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up, Dean." You replied, immediately, not meeting his eyes.

Dean smirked before walking past Kevin, patting him on the shoulder as he did so. Dean disappeared into his room, saying something about privacy.

Sam looked at you and Kevin, shaking his head for a moment.

"I'm going to go out. Be back later." He said simply. You and Kevin both nodded, watching as Sam climbed the stairs and left.

As soon as the door closed, you looked back down at Kevin. "What were you needing?"

He smiled lightly up at you, giving you an adorable look. "I was hoping you would make me a sandwich." He said simply.

You let out a small chuckle. "Why don't you make me a sandwich?"

-------------------------------

"Hey, Babe?" You asked, walking into the library. "I'm in the mood for some pizza? You in the mood for some pizza?"

He was standing over one of the large table, silently reading to himself. Steeping closer, you wrapped your arms around his back, squeezing him as you did so. You could see one side of his lips turn up in a smile as he slowly turned around in your arms.

"Nah, we had pizza yesterday. How about some tacos?" He replied, casually wrapping his arms around your waist.

Butterflies erupted wildly in your tummy as you laughed lightly. "Yeah. Tacos sound great. Ill set up some candles and we can call it a date."

He chuckled at this, leaning down to give you a small kiss. He pulled away all too soon. "A date it is."

You reached up, giving him one last peck, before pulling away and walking back towards your room. "I'm going to go get my keys and then head out," you told him, "I love you."

"I love you, too." You heard him say as you turned the corner. Your door was still open, just as you had left it. The keys were sitting on top of a blue colored book, a small laminated picture of you and Kevin attached to the key ring.

Plucking them up, you shut the door and began walking back towards the library.

As you turned the corner, you saw Sam standing in front of Kevin, an odd look on his face. He suddenly raised his hand to Kevin's forehead, and a bright light jutted out along with a screeching noise.

"Kevin!" You screamed, running forward. You heard Dean scream out as well, before Kevin's body dropped to the floor. You got close to them, before you were shoved against a bookcase.

It felt like you couldn't breath. You could feel yourself shaking, and you could feel tears flowing down your cheeks, but at the same time you had to ask yourself if this was just a dream. Some crazy nightmare that you would wake up from and tell the guys about.

Sam slowly turned towards the two of you, but you didn't pay attention. Your eyes were still locked on the body of your boyfriend.

Whimpers left you, blocking out the conversation between the murderer and his brother.

"Kevin!" You choked out, feeling the force holding you to the wall get stronger. Your eyes were being forced to look at the wall across from you, but that didn't erase the image from your mind.

You could faintly hear Sam shuffling with something on the table, before he was gone, along with the force.

Your body lurched forward, only for loud sobs to break from your body. You felt yourself falling, only for someone to grab you and hold you, slowly falling to the ground as well.

You knew it was Dean, but at the same time you wished that it were Kevin. A safe, alive Kevin that was about to go and get ready for your date. A happy Kevin who was going to give you a kiss and tell you goodnight.

But you could tell from the ache you felt, and the sobs from Dean and yourself that this was no nightmare, and that everything that had just happened would still have happened tomorrow and the next day, and the next.