A Winchester p. 2 (Dean)

This one shot is a request, requested by Damalis. Thanks for requesting!

Request: Part Two to the one shot "A Winchester".

The sun was hot as you and the older Winchester dug your shovels into the gravel covered earth. You had been digging for about a half hour and still had at least three feet down to go before the grave would be deep enough.

You paused, standing straight and wiping some sweat off your forehead. Your eyes drifted to the cold beer sitting upright beside the grave, little beads of moisture racing down the sides. Your conscious was telling you that it didn't matter who the drink belonged to, but you mind was steadily disagreeing.

"You can have a drink if you want." Dean stated, shoving the top of his shovel into the ground and leaning on it. "There's more inside, and I don't mind sharing."

A small smile graced your lips as you turned back to him. "No, I'm fine. Beer isn't really my forte."

You turned to the side for a moment, feeling your back lightly pop, before going back to digging. You didn't pay any attention to Dean as he followed suit.

"Not your forte, huh? And why's that?" He asked, shoveling the dirt back over his shoulder as fast as a machine would, no doubt due to the amount of times he probably had to do it.

You continued shoveling, feeling your arms getting more tired and limp as you did so.

"Not really a reason behind it." You told him, eyes looking up for a moment to catch his disbelieving gaze. "Ok, so there is, but it's kind of stupid."

A smirk elegantly appeared on his lips, a small tinkle glimmering in his eyes. "Tell me about it."

You shook your head lightly, chuckling at the memory. "I was seventeen, give or take. I had never really been to a party before, and this guy had invited my friend, who had then invited me. When I got there, I was amazed by the amount of alcohol. I mean, there was beer everywhere, it was practically taped to the walls."

Dean let out a laugh, looking up to meet your gaze. "Taped to the walls?"

"Yes, taped to the walls. Like I said, it was everywhere. Later in the night , my friends had managed to talk me into mixing drinks, and I got really wasted. I got so wasted that I vomited for a week. Not due to a terrible hangover, but due to a hortible bit of food or alcohol poisoning. Now every time I drink beer I get sick." You told him, your smile having grown over the progression of the story.

Dean was in laughing quietly, having gave up digging to instead lean on a dirt wall and laugh. His laugh made you chuckle, before eventually the both of you managed to calm slightly, settling instead to relax against the grave wall as the sun's heat beta down on you two with a warming fire.

Dean looked up at you, chuckles still pouring from him as he grinned. "That was a great story." He told you, sarcasm filling his voice.

You rolled your eyes, picking your shovel back up. "Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want. Even though I got really sick that was still one of the best nights of my life."

"Oh really?" Dean replied, giving me a curios glance. "And why's that?"

You gave him a smile, tossing your shovel over the side of the hole before pulling yourself up with a bit of a struggle.

"Because," You began, flopping down onto the gravel with an "omph!" escaping your lips. "That was the night when I first learned about monsters."

"Why the Hell would that be a good thing?" Dean questioned, sounding generally confused.

You rolled your eyes at him, reaching a hand out to help him out of the grave. As you pulled him to his feet, you smiled weakly and replied.

"Not all monsters are the things we hunt, Dean. Everyday humans can be monsters, too." You told him, choosing your next words carefully. "No offense, but judging by the stories I've heard about your relationship with your old man, I'm sure that you can understand."

His confused and happy demeanor changed in an instant, quickly going into someone who was cold, angry, and reserved. He locked his eyes with yours, knocking into your shoulder roughly with his as he glared and walked away. You sighed, agitated with yourself as you turned to watch his retreating form.

You weren't the best person when it came to words. You weren't re best person when it came to handsome men, either.

Sorry it took so long for me to update. I am currently working on rewriting an old story of mine, and I won't lie when I say that most of my time is devoted to that. Once it's finished, however, I will be posting it on Wattpad, so hooray!