Leaving Here. (Dean)

Prompt: You get in an argument with Dean over the First Blade and what it's doing to him.

The weight on the left side of your bed disappearing was what had originally woken you from your deep slumber. The next thing was the sound of quiet whispers and the clicks of numerous buttons.

You could feel your eyes slowly opening, adjusting to the darkness within a few moments. Beside you, sitting with his legs swung over the side of the bed, was Dean.

He had one of his many cellphones pressed between his cheek and shoulder as he finished buttoning the last few buttons on his shirt.

"Yeah," He nodded, talking quietly. "Yeah, I got it."

A beep sounded loudly as he hung up. The light from the screen shown on his face, the sight of tiredness and slight fatigue being very apparent. Light bags were under his eyes, light enough to barely be detected. He let out a sigh, before leaning over and tying his shoes. You felt a frown come onto your face as you realized what was happening.

He was going to leave in the middle of the night, again. He probably wouldn't be back until late tomorrow, and when he did get home he would immediately go to sleep and repeat the process.

He slowly began to raise up, but before he could take a step, you reached over to the bedside table and flicked on the lamp that sat patiently there. You watched his form freeze, tensing slightly as he turned towards you.

"Where are you going, Dean?" You asked, watching as he stared blankly at you. He let out a small sigh before moving back onto the bed. He reached over, a hand laying lightly on your cheek as the other turned off the lamp.

"I'm just going out for a little while." He replied, attempting to soothe you back into sleep. "Don't worry about it, baby, just go back to sleep."

He lightly kissed your forehead, before standing back up and walking towards the door. Disbelief washed over you as you watched him walk away. You turned the light back on, standing up and walking towards him. Goosebumps had began to rise on your lightly covered legs, the air having a small chill in it.

"Dean, I'm serious. Where are you going?" With arms crossed, you held your ground.

He turned, annoyance apparent on his face. "I'm just going out. Nothing important, just a ride to the store."

You raised your eyebrows. "Then I want to come with."

"I just need some toothpaste." He replied quickly.

"Well I'm going to need tampons and stuff soon, so why not save a trip and go with you?"

He rolled his eyes. "Damnit, (Y/N), I said no."

As he raised his voice, his hand reached up to glide through his hair, and that was when you saw it. The nasty, yellowness of the First Blade. Disbelief was once again overcoming you, along with the aching feel of disappointment.

"That can't be what this is about." You stated, staring at him.

"What are you talking about?" Dean grumbled back, watching as you quickly charged toward him. You shoved the bottom of his shirt up, coming right above his belly button. There, hooked on the side of his jeans, was the First Blade.

Dean let out a small curse of surprise, wrapping his hands around your wrists and shoving you backwards lightly. His eyes met yours, a hostile glint lingering lightly in them.

"(Y/N), drop it." He warned, holding up his pointer finger as if he were scolding a child.

"Seriously, Dean?" You challenged, "You want me to just leave it alone? How about no? I'm your girlfriend and I have a right to know where it is you go in the middle of the night!"

He glared at you. The once cool room was now beginning to get hot and stuffy as your anger flared blindly.

"That is none of your business." He hissed quietly before turning around and heading towards the door. "I'll be back, later."

With parted lips, you tried to think of something, anything you could say that would make Dean crawl back into bed with you. Thoughts and phrases flew through your mind, going the speed of a rocket. Just as Dean's hand landed on the doorknob, a single sentence left your mouth.

"If you walk out of here, we're done."

Your regretted it the moment they left your lips. Dean paused, once again, and his hand fell to his side. It was almost as if he were trying to figure out if you had actually said that, something you were trying to figure out as well.

He let out a small sigh, turning his head to where he could see you from the corner of his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said as he gripped the handle, tugging the door open in an angry huff and leaving.