Prologue

Bea

4:10 AM

My body clock's still doing its job to wake me up when I should. Today's training day for Choco Mucho and I need to be at BEG on or before 6AM. I did my usual morning routine and head off to Starbucks for a much needed dose of caffeine before going to Ateneo. Sure, I need an antidote against the tequila I had last night, so my usual single shot of espresso was leveled up to a double shot.

5:32 AM

Dumating ako sa BEG nang mas maaga sa call time, some of my team mates were already here when I arrived. Coach O is having his cup of coffee, getting ready for a long day since he's going to train both Choco Mucho and ADMU Lady Eagles today.

Kat and Maddie are already here so sa pwesto na nila ako dumiretso. Ponggay, Jules and Dani are on the other side of the court.

"Good morning from the other siiiide!", Dani screamed. "Morning!" I shouted back.

Ganito kami tuwing training, we don't have much time to chat with each other, lalo na between CM and ALE since magkaiba kami ng pwesto sa court. Minsan pinagsasama rin naman kami ni Coach O pero hindi madalas. So we only have breaktime and uwian to catch up.

5 minutes before 6AM, we're almost complete na sa team, we're only missing ate Bang. Napatingin ako sa kabilang side ng court; and after searching from the faces of my former team mates, my eyes finally landed on her, the very person I yearn to see everyday. After I learned about her playing again for Ateneo, I knew that I'm gonna see her more often since we have the same coaching staff, and it made me elated.

Alam ko na dapat matagal ko na 'tong hindi nararamdaman, but I can't help it. Kahit na marami nang dumating and made me feel that I deserve to be loved, siya pa rin talaga. It's still her that I want to spend my afternoon roadtrips with.. But I know that it'll never happen again. And gradually, natatanggap ko na siya.

And I hope one day, I'll be able to totally let go of her.