Chapter Seven

When Katsuki woke up, he was confused. He was staring at a white ceiling, and his head hurt like crazy. He turned his head over to find himself in what he assumed was Recovery Girl's office.

And then it all came back.

    Well, at least bits and pieces. He remembered feeling like shit in class and vaguely remembered talking to Mr. Aizawa, but that was about it.

    What happened? he wondered, pushing himself up into a seated position. Other than his head and a slight tug near his shoulder, he felt fine.

    "I see you're up," a small voice grumbled. Katsuki looked around until his eyes settled on someone near the floor: Recovery Girl. "Feeling any better?"

    Katsuki ignored her question and proposed one of his own. "What happened?" Recovery Girl looked down at her clipboard and shook her head.

    "You dropped and had a seizure after your final class today," she explained. Katsuki looked down at his hands, suddenly remembering his conversation with Mr. Aizawa.

    "Shit," he whispered.

    "That's one way to put it," Recovery Girl replied. "Your parents have already been contacted, and shockingly enough according to them, this is a condition of yours. Something that should have been in your file." Katsuki felt his face get hot as he looked away from her. She went on. "In medical respects, you're fine. A little rattled, I'm sure, but no concussions or anything. But you do have a rather unimpressed homeroom teacher waiting outside to speak with you. I'll let him in, then?" she asked, eyeing him down in an accusatory manner. Katsuki's heart leapt into his throat.

    He'll expel me for sure, he thought. He shrugged and looked back down at his hands. "Whatever. I don't care." Recovery Girl took this as a yes and marched over to the door. When she opened it, she was met with Shouta, leaning against the back wall, his arms crossed.

    "He's all yours," she said, motioning for him to go in. "Good luck," she whispered, before exiting the room and closing the door.

    The sight Shouta saw when he entered the room was a pitiful one. Katsuki was propped up against the pillow of the bed, looking down at his hands which fidgeted anxiously. He had blanched and looked as though he was weighing his options. Shouta had barely even entered the room before speaking.

    "I should expel you right now," he said, causing Katsuki to jump. He looked at him with dangerous eyes, but Shouta held his ground, stepping closer. "Katsuki Bakugo, you are in an elite hero course that pumps out more pro heroes than any other school per year. This is not the place for funny business, and certainly not the place to lie on your application. Do you know why we make people fill out medical conditions?" he asked.

    "To weed out the weak ones," Katsuki muttered. Shouta shook his head.

    "No. That's far from the truth. It's to keep everyone safe. What if this had happened while you were sparring, or swimming, or in a tournament? You could put yourself in harm's way, and when we aren't notified of health risks, there isn't much we can do to help you. What if your quirk had gone off accidentally and you harmed someone? All of these things are meant to be prevented by having the faculty aware of all medical issues. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think seizures mixed with a student who's quirk sets off explosions would count as something the staff should know."

    "Yeah, whatever," Katsuki grumbled. "Just expel me already."

    "I said I should expel you, Bakugo, not that I will," he explained, sitting down on the bed that was across from him. "And I don't plan on it. I...happen to know quite a bit about what you're dealing with myself." At those words, Katsuki's frown softened into a look of surprise. "This does not excuse a thing about this, of course. You endangered yourself and others. You blatantly ignored the requirements on the application. But no repercussions will be necessary. Your condition will be put on your file, but it will all be confidential to the faculty." Katsuki nodded in response, trying to soak in everything his teacher told him.