IV

Rey's POV:

Three days later...

I slammed my fist down on the stony surface of the mountain around me, shouting in frustration. I couldn't reach anyone anymore, the feeling of warmth that came with mentally reaching someone with the force seemed impossible to me now.

I laid back on the stones and felt the hot sun start to dry the angry tears that had fallen from my eyes. I hated this island, it wasn't like Ahch-To, it was colder and reckless. There wasn't balance here, there were no other life forms other than the Tezzi birds, which I eat every day.

I wish I was back home, if I even had a home. I used to be so helpless but now that there is a chance I could see Ben...it sounded surreal. My heart seemed to flutter every time I thought about Ben, he just seemed to be changing recently...almost.

I sat up from the stone and looked around the cliffs of the island. Tall, towering cliffs that would mean death if someone were to jump off of them. I knelt down and imagined energy underneath my legs, the feeling of the force gather under me felt refreshing for the day. I opened my eyes and launched myself up toward the cliffs, I reached my hand up and went to grab the edge of the deadly cliff but when my hand grappled to the cliff, the unsteady rocks below it crumbled.

My heart sank as I began to fall down the cliff, I screamed and flailed around for any sort of savior until my hand caught a jagged rock that ripped a cut up my bicep. I screamed in pain at my bloodied arm and reached down to my belt. I grabbed the lightsaber that was attached to the leather strap and ignited the weapon. I quickly stabbed the beam of light on to the rocky cliff side and let go of the jagged rock, and felt my body begin to slide down the mountain with support from my saber.

I used the momentum of the decline to throw myself safely off to the side of the island, landing on my hands and knees. I gasped for air and felt my heart beating through my chest, I looked at the cliff and saw a glowing orange splash running down the cliffside. I rolled on my back and felt my bicep throbbing with pain, I grit my teeth and dared a look at the wound. I gasped as I saw a massive slash had ripped through my arm, I quickly stood up and sprinted back toward my home. A trail of blood followed me as I frantically ran toward my safe haven.

I kicked down the front door and ran toward my room, the once clean floors now muddled with dirt and blood. I felt a throbbing pain grow within my head and I knew that I didn't have much time before I'd pass out and lose too much blood.

I ripped through my drawers and found a bottle of herbs I'd mended together to form a healing paste. I sighed in relief and ran in to my washroom and turned on the sputtering faucet before running the freezing water over my wound. I yelped in pain as the water was so cold, it was painful on my skin. I just clenched my jaw and washed all the excess blood and dirt off of my arm, the cut itself extended from my shoulder to my elbow. I quickly dumped the whole bottle of herbs in to my spare hand and stuffed the giant cut, I screamed in pain as I accidentally scratched my raw muscle. I slammed my fist of the rim of the metal tub and felt tears run down my face. My hands began to tremble from the pain, I tightly wrapped my old arm wraps around the open wound and felt the throbbing pain begin to subside from the herbs. I took many deeps breaths and let my arm hang limp next to me as I bit through the fading pain.

---
Ben's POV:

I arrived on my fourth planet, the sandy terrain was all I could see for hundreds of miles. I sighed in annoyance and started to fly around the planet, looking for any sort of inhabitants.

But as I flew, I couldn't feel her, something about this place was hopeless and desolate. Something I wouldn't be able to feel if Rey was near, she was too hopeful. Sand particles whipped across my ship as I flew, the first order command ship floating above the hot planet.

I just wished I could find her, it'd been three days since our last encounter and I couldn't bare the thought of not finding her.

Rey's screams suddenly fill his head, she's been hurt and he can feel it.

My chest suddenly freezes and my muscle stop moving, I stared at the desert and slammed the ship down to the sand below. I couldn't breathe, what happened to her?

I jumped out of my ship and threw myself on to the burning sand below, I could feel her pain and her screams echoed in my head. I frantically looked around and I couldn't feel her.

I fell to my knees and began to catch my breath, the blinding sun burning the back of my neck as I kneeled in the sand. I ripped my gloves and cloak off me, they were too heavy and had no reason to exist. I threw them in to the sand and watched as they quickly became buried as hot winds covered them in sand. I stared down at my naked hands and tried to remember what it was like when Rey held them, and how...good I felt.

I stood up from the sand and let my body calm down before I crawled back in my ship and flew away from the sandy planet, Rey wasn't here and I wasn't wasting anymore time.