IX

Rey's POV:

I frantically climbed up the side of the deadly cliffs, the sound of blasters echoing on the tiny island as I tried to escape them. I grit my teeth as I was forced to abandon my bag and staff, throwing them in to the violent waves below me. I hooked my lightsaber to my belt and dug my hands in to the jagged rocks jutting our from the side of the cliffs. Ran poured down the side of the cliffs as the jagged rocks became coated with slippery liquid.

I reached my hand out and felt my heart begin to slow, I sensed something new...something full of light and goodness.

Ben

I choked on my breath and felt tears well in my eyes, I hadn't felt a feeling this strong in my whole life. It was burning hope and desire to see Ben, I'd never wished to see someone as much as I did right now.

I looked up toward the tops of the cliffs and pressed my lips together as a bead of sweat dropped down my forehead. I focused energy under my feet and launched myself upward, wind whipped by my ears as I flew upward.

I patched my hand on the side of the cliffs and hastily pulled myself up on to the flat ground of the grassy plains resting on top of the cliff.
I painted for breaths as I looked up and saw six masked men holding menacing weapons, creating a wall of evil around me. I furrowed my brow and studied all their garments, they were all garbed in complete darkness. Their masks were rugged excuses for masks as they looked like garbage thrown together.

I slowly stood firmly in front of them and unhooked the lightsaber from my belt. I ignited the beautiful weapon and glared at every single one of the enemies ahead of me.

I watched all their heads drift toward the sky, I didn't dare look at what they were until I heard the roar of a tie fighter behind me. I whipped around and saw a small, black ship hurdling toward the cliffs. I gasped and realized it was Ben plummeting toward the surface, I dove out for the path of the ship and watched as the enemy ship ripped through the grassy plains and drove itself through the masked killers. I landed on my stomach as I flipped over quickly to see the ship in a flaming mess through the thick rain.

"Ben!" I yelled, I forced my stand up as quickly as possible as sprinted toward the burning wreckage.

But then the ground below me began to rumble and crack, the cliffs were falling. I yelped in fear as I attempted to run from the crumbling earth. "Ben!" I screamed once more, I shouted in effort as I launched myself back in to the air and in to a safe place from the crumbling cliffs. I watched as little by little, the cliffs began to break and fall in to the violent waved below. I panted for breath and looked at the burning wreckage, I felt a tear fall from my eye as the ship exploded in a moment of deafening silence. I screamed in anguish and covered my face with my arms as flying wreckage launched itself from the destroyed ship.

"BEN?!" I screamed, I could sense him. He was alive, I can feel it. "Ben?!" I yelped once more, my voice beginning to falter.

I watched in horror as the six figures emerged from the flames and began to march toward me. Tears fell from my eyes as I stared at them in terror. what did they want?

I stood up and gripped the lightsaber in my hand, the blue light waning in the cold wind that ripped across the crumbling cliffs. I stood in the face of evil, my body trembling as I sensed the force energy within them. They could use the force.

I watched as three of them jutted their hands out and I felt immense pressure of my body. I screamed in pain as I was quickly forced down to my knees, my arms pushed behind me and my lightsaber painfully twisted from my hand. I felt hot tears run down my face as they inched closer, I tried to fight the force but the three of them combined was extremely painful and tiring.

I cried out in pain as one of them knelt right in front of me and ran their finger along my jaw. I pressed my lips together and fought tears.

"Shame...I don't want-" he started to say, but a stream of red light burst through his chest and his body went limp. I stared with wide eyes as his body was thrown aside and Ben was standing on the other side, his padded armor and cloak gone...he was just in simple clothes. I smiled in relief and felt the strain on my body release as the other killers got ready for a fight. I stared deeply in to Ben's eyes and he didn't break the contact either. His hair was soaking wet and sticking to his face, I gave him a warm smile and stared in to his eyes.

He was telling me, he was here for me and only me.

The men began to circle around us, I turned my back to Ben and he did the same. We drew our weapons and scanned over the enemies around us, two of them charged toward us and I felt my lips lift in to a smirk. A man ran right toward me, I felt Ben jut his body below me and I leaned back on his weight, putting my weight on him and kicking my legs out in front of me. We began to violently swing our sabers around, the sound of light crashes with metal armor filled my ears as Ben and I fought together.

I swung my saber in a quick motion and watched as one of the knight's heads quickly became dismembered and rolled off to the side. I kicked his body back and watched as one knight tossed his weapon toward me and I landed just in front of me. I looked at the weapon for a moment and felt Ben's arm pull me away as it exploded just where I was standing. I grabbed Ben shoulder and used the force to throw myself behind one knight and stab him through the chest.

I then felt a throbbing pain as one knight whacked his metal staff against my wounded arm, I cried out in pain and grasped my arm. I desperately swung the lightsaber around, missing completely as I watched him advance toward me. I looked behind me and saw Ben fending off two knights all alone. I blinked a few times and glanced to the right, the cliffs were still slowly crumbling. I smiled and raised my hand toward the knight, his body froze and I shouted in effort as I threw his body over the side of the cliff and heard his screams suddenly silence as he was buried beneath the rubble.

I turned around and saw one knight stab Ben in the thigh as he was thrown backward. I felt anger fill my blood as I saw Ben injured, I sprinted toward Ben and saw one knight turn toward me and raised his hand. My body was suddenly thrown backward, I grunted in pain and frustration as I was launched far away from Ben.

I raised my head and saw one of the knights grab Ben by the throat and lift him from the ground. I watched in horror as one of the knights stabbed a spear through his torso. Everything inside me froze, horrible fear and anger filled my body as I watched Ben's body fall to the side.

"NO!" I screamed.