XI

His eyes slowly began to open, I gasped in relief and shock as his eyes locked on mine with pure confusion and shock. I could sense the emptiness in the room slowly begin to disappear and life and light enter in its place.

"Ben?" I asked cautiously, a curious smile appeared on his face as I grabbed the sides of his face and stared in to his beautiful deep brown eyes. "Is it you?" I asked carefully, but my heart pumped with joy as I believed I already knew the right answer. He nodded his head subtly and I smiled widely, lifting his head off the ground with my hands. He sat up like nothing was wrong and snaked his hand around my waist, I just smiled and threw my arms around him, pulling him in to a deep arm and loving embrace. "I thought I lost you" I cried weakly, he chuckled happily and nodded his head.

"I know, but I'm here now" he said quietly, I sobbed in to his shoulder and held him tight as Hope filled my chest, I looked up to the sky above me and smiled gratefully.

"Thank you" I whispered, I broke apart the hug and stared in to Ben's eyes. They were searching mine for an answer of what to do next, I smiled and just admired his face, full of life and light, happiness pouring through his eyes. I couldn't hide my admiration for him anymore, the feeling was indisputably in my heart and soul. My breathing hitched as three words got caught in my throat, Ben furrowed his brow and gave me a moment to compose myself. I took one more deep breath and smiled sincerely.

"I love you" I said slowly, his eyes widened and his brow furrowed. He was in complete shock, I laughed at his humorous expression and put my hands on either side of his face. "Ben Solo, I love you" I said clearly, he let out a quick breath and smiled...he smiled. I gasped as I felt his hand snake behind my neck and slowly pulled me closer and closer. I could feel his breath touch my skin and I couldn't help but get excited. He stopped when we were centimeters apart, I could sense his heart beating just as fast as mine. I took one more quick breath and closed my eyes and pushed my face toward his, my hands sliding to just behind his jaw as I held him against the lips. His arms wrapped completely around me as we kissed, it felt as though the world just melted away and it was only us within these stone walls. His hand behind my neck snaked in to my hair and held my face to his as we continued to hold each other in the storming rain.

I kept my eyes closed as we both slowly parted from each other, I smiled like a young child and pressed my forehead against his.

"What happens now?" I asked him, he just smiled and gasped quickly, I pulled my head away from his and stared at him with wide eyes, "what?" I asked quickly, he smiled happily and put his hands on either side of my face.

"The resistance...they launched an attack on the first order, and they're winning" he informed me, I smiled giddily and felt gears well in my eyes.

"What?!" I exclaimed we both started to stand up and I began to shake with excitement. "We have to help-" I started to say but Ben shook his head.

"Rey" he said softly, I stopped mumbling to myself and gazed in to his peaceful face. "We don't have to fight, the first order will fall without their leader" he explained, his words melted in to my brain, I smiled happily and suddenly heard what he said.

He's leaving the first order, I gasped in surprise and relief. I threw myself around him again and felt his chest rise and fall against mine. "I think I'll take your hand now" I joked, he chuckled lightly and squeezed me tighter within his arms.

He took a deep breath and I could sense sadness and a tinge of loneliness within his soul, "she sacrificed for me...didn't she?" He asked softly, the pain clear in his voice. I gently pushed out of the embrace but stayed within his arms as I ran my fingers through his hair. I nodded my head and felt tears welling in my eyes. "But it was for you, she died with peace and purpose Ben" I said sincerely, the truth of my words seeped through his heart. He nodded his head and smiled sadly, his eyes drifted down to the floor as he thought about his mother. I smiled and rubbed his cheekbone with my thumbs, I then dropped my hands and reached my right hand in to his left. He grabbed it happily and I smiled, the feeling of his hand in mine filling my heart with joy.

"Come on, let's go home" I said proudly, he smiled at the sound of my words. We walked out of the stone Hutt and I felt the cool rain gently hit my skin as I turned and saw the sun setting on the now peaceful island.

I turned toward the sun and watched the orange sky shift colors as the rain gently washed over Ben and I. I held his hand in mine as I gazed at the sunset, a feeling of hope being reborn filled my mind and the force finally seemed...in balance.

I leaned my head against his strong arm and took a deep breath, this was perfect. I'd found the love of my life, and I'd never want it with anyone else.

"I love you, Rey...I truly love you" Ben breathed out, I felt a tear fall from my eye in gratitude and happiness.

"I love you too" I said sincerely, the words nearly sliding off my lips as they came so easy to say, "I love you too" I repeated quietly. The words radiating in my heart.