Chapter Eleven

Mahina paced back and forth in her bed-chamber. Her cheek still stinging from the slap she received from Bes earlier. He had never struck anyone like that before, no matter his supposed cruel and heartless demeanour.

And it was all because of her.

She growled, frustration rising within her as she ran her fingers angrily through her long, dark brown hair.

Someone tsked behind her causing her to whirl around, ready to attack whoever had dared to enter her room without permission. Her arm lowered upon seeing who it was. "What do you want, Jonathon?"

"Do you realize that you have one hell of an uncanny way of stirring the proverbial pot and starting shit, don't you, Sarah?" Jonathon, known as Amun within the Pharaoh's court, smirked at her as he pushed up off the pillars and walked over to where she now sat on the bed. "Start playing nice because these little mind games are going to come back around and bite you in the ass one of these days."

Sarah sighed, growing increasingly irritated by the mirth that danced in Amun's eyes. "Bailey is just like her mother in many ways. Always sticking her nose where it doesn't belong."

"Isn't that what you're doing now?" He sighed exasperatedly. "That was many years ago. It was a mistake. A mistake that could happen to anyone..."

"It happened to us!"

"Let it go. There is nothing we can do about it now. Stop dwelling on the past and focus on the here and now."

"I lost everything!" She cried out. Tears of anger and helplessness spilled down Mahina's face. "You...You were able to make a life here. I wasn't. The entire life that I had planned out was instantly destroyed when we got transported back to this God forsaken time. If only that woman hadn't gone near the machine during the experimental stages. If only she hadn't put her nose where it didn't belong we wouldn't be paying the ultimate price for it now."

"Sarah..." Jonathon sighed, slightly surprised by her outburst.

"Don't." Mahina shook her head. "Don't."

"It is true that Bailey's mother was more than a bit...uh...rambunctious when it came to certain things that interested her greatly. I admit that she should have been more careful when she was around the machine, but it has been how many years since that happened? Ten, at least?" Amun said softly. "Instead of using that smart brain of yours to find a way back, especially considering the machine is still out there, in this time, you somehow bring Bailey back here. What is this for? Revenge? Need I remind you that this feud has nothing to do with Marjorie's daughter, but rather with her? You are playing with fuel near an open flame. You will get burnt if you're not careful."

"Why are you so hell-bent on defending her?" Mahina stood up from her spot, nostrils flaring in anger as her eyes shot daggers at the man. "She ruined our lives. A life that we will never get back."

"Sarah!" He yelled, cursing as he realized his mistake, before he spoke in a lower, authoritative voice. "Mahina. Calm yourself. You are acting like a petulant child, over something that can no longer be helped. Stop this. Allow yourself to let go of what you cannot change. Let me ask you something, when did two wrongs ever make a right?"

She stared at him for the longest time, and instead of answering his question, she decided to completely ignore it. "See, you have been blinded by Nauda. She keeps you from seeing the truth in how doomed we are here. Mark my words, brother, I'll have my revenge on that conniving bitch, if it the last thing I do. And I suggest that if you know what's best for you, you'll help me in achieving this goal."

"You are feeling great pain that I can't help you with. You may believe that I don't think about our old lives and what we used to have, our family, our friends, our world. But that's not true. I think about it all nearly every day." Shaking his head, Jonathon sighed, "However, I am letting go of the thoughts of ever going home and I recommend that you do the same, Mahina."

"Sarah. Just like your name is Jonathon." She said through gritted teeth. "And, I will never let go of the hope I have for returning to our time. I will return, either with or without you. Now leave. I want to be alone for awhile."

"As you wish, my dearest young sister. Though, before I take my leave, I want you to use Amun, as that is my wish to be called that from now on." He bowed, turning on his heel as he headed for the door, stopping just by the entrance. "If you no longer wish to feel the pain of the loss that we have both suffered than I suggest you move on. How is getting revenge on a dead woman going to help solve things?"

Without another word he left, leaving Sarah to her own devices. Her heart ached painfully in her chest as she thought about what she should do. Unshed tears blurred her vision once more as the emotional agony that she had felt for the past decade began bubbling over, her composure crumbling.

All she wanted was to see her friends, family, and her fiancé, Rick. Her life had been planned out. Before the whole ordeal took place she was arranging for their marriage ceremony that was supposed to take place the summer after the accident happen. Of course Sarah knew that it wasn't going to happen even if she made it back, someone would've stolen Rick's heart by now. She could only imagine what his reaction was to know that both she and her brother had disappeared into the void of the machine, sending them to God knows where. It was a machine that was going to change lives.

She had to laugh at the thought. Yes, it definitely changed lives alright, but to her, it was not for the better.

Anger raged through her veins as she fought the urge to scream at the Gods for the terrible trick they were playing. She had heard it so many times, Things happen for a reason.

What the hell was the reason to make someone so miserable in life? Was it just a game to them? More than likely.

That's when she decided that, no matter what, she was going to take revenge on the daughter of the woman who had made her life a miserable hell and she was going to enjoy every last minute of it.

And who knew perhaps she would just kill her in the process.

She was sure that the Pharaoh would enjoy seeing his beloved taken away from him. It was time to show all of Egypt just how cruel she could be.

Marjorie DuMont may have been dead but it wouldn't quench the thirst for her revenge. No. This was just the beginning.

Second best would have to do.

She was like karma, being the bitch and causing trouble to those who had caused troubles to others. An appropriate punishment for someone who had fucked up her life.

Revenge was going to be sweet.