Epiphany: Missed Connections

"How did you end up on the couch outside our dressing room?" Junhui asked Yoongi.

"I sprained my ankle during the Idol choreo and Sejin said it would be okay if I slept on the couch after we picked up all our awards, while BTS would stay for the remainder of the Female Artist awards," he watched the stylist snip away at the blonde locks while the angel winced.

"You limped all the way here?" Soonyoung gasped.

"Pot calling the kettle black," the lead rapper had seen photos of the performance leader with patches on his shoulder, the pain having been there for the past few months.

"I think I know what happened," Wonwoo looked pensive.

"Do tell," Yoongi wanted the confusion cleared.

"The BTOB dressing room is right next to us, while the BTS dressing room is on our left," the cold-looking nerd guessed. "You waited on the wrong couch and were collected by us, while uri Jihoon somehow ended up with your group. How did that happen?"

Seventeen had finished their half-time performance: Home, followed by Fear and Hit. They then made their way to join the other male artists. Jungkook was the last in line of BTS. The stage hand indicated that Jihoon should stand next to the maknae, with Jun on his right.

"Jungkook and Junhui look similar, don't you think?" Wonwoo formed his theory.

"Well, they are both tall and brunette tonight," Minghao shrugged.

"Still, we told him to meet us at the blue Hilux," Mingyu pointed out.

"Oh," Yoongi realised what had happened. "Our van is a black Hilux."

"He did not hear us properly for some reason," Dokyeom sighed.

"You know how the shortest plants in a forest receive the least sunlight?"

Everyone looked at the biology nerd, wondering what this random piece of trivia had to do at a time like this.

"Woozi didn't hear the correct info because our height distorted the sound waves," Wonwoo concluded.

"The lights in the parking lot didn't improve things," Vernon added. "Black and blue look the same."

"But, didn't he know the number plate?" the BTS member was confused.

"Young Hwan had to hire a rental van because we had an accident earlier," Seungkwan explained.

"I hope Jihoon hyung is okay," Dino frowned.

"We're all done," the stylist swept up the shorn locks with a broom, while Seungcheol comforted the grieving Jeonghan.

"My beautiful hair!"

"We're going to the airport now so you can prepare for the American tour," Young Hwan looked at Yoongi.

"Thank you," he bowed, and followed them to the black Hilux. Although they drove a little faster than the speed limit and sprinted through the airport, the plane to New York had already left...