Chapter 2

Lisa's pov

Normally I wouldn't have let that girl audition. She was so fucking rude and annoying. No one talks back to me like that, so what gave her the right to do so? But since Nayeon asked me I couldn't say no.

Yes, Nayeon is my assistant but she's also a close friend of mine, to be honest she's my only friend. She's  always been there for me and I haven't done anything in return, so if she asks me to do something, then I should do it, that's what I owe her. But I really wish it didn't include this annoying girl called Jennie.

We were holding the auditions and the girls today were better than the girls of yesterday. Today is also the last day of auditioning. I'm glad that the girls of today are good, because I was getting very nervous. It's very important for me to find nine girls that excel in dancing and singing.

Why is it important? Well, my dad is the owner of this company. He asked me to do this, so I really need to impress him. If I fail, then it's gonna be over, he's not going to ask me to do anything.

It was now Jennie's turn to audition. I didn't look up at first but Nayeon glared at me and I looked up. She started dancing and I couldn't believe my eyes. Nayeon was right this girl is really good, definitely the best dancer that I've seen today. I kept staring at her while dancing with raised eyebrows, forgetting for a second of how annoying she is.

"I told you she was good." Nayeon whispered and smiled.

Later on she started singing and rapping and that was even better than the dancing, she wasn't the best singer in the room but still one of the best. When she finished everyone in the room was silent, they all looked at her with wide eyes, including me.

"Uhumm." Nayeon mumbled and I immediately turned my head. Jennie definitely saw me staring at her and she smirked. Fuck, why is she like this, ughhh.

After two hours everyone had auditioned. Now it's time to pick the girls. There were 126 auditions, how am I going to choose only nine from them? Me, Nayeon, and some other employees that helped me with the auditions, gathered in a room to discuss the girls that auditioned.

"So, I think that we should pick the best 18 girls, and let them audition again. I don't want to base my opinion on only one audition, I need more."

"So, who are going to be the 18 girls?" Nayeon asked.

"I already have a couple in mind."

After discussing for 30 minutes we had 15 girls. Now we need three more.

"How about Jennie? You didn't say anything about her?" Nayeon raised her eyebrows.

"I don't want her."

"WHAT?" Everyone in the room yelled at the same time.

"She's good, but her attitude lacks, I don't think I'm going to be able to work with her. Attitude is as important as talent here."

"Oh, c'mon Lisa, she was the best in the room today and you know it. Yes, she made a bad first impression, but believe me she's really sweet, she's usually not like that."

"Letting her go, would be a bit stupid. She's obviously very good, and you want your dad to see the best nine that you have right? Jennie is definitely in the top 9." One of the employees said and I rolled my eyes.

"Please?" Nayeon pouted.

"Fine, but talk to her. I don't want to deal with her annoying ass, she should just shut up and do what she's told. And letting her into the top 18 doesn't mean she's also going to be in the top 9."

"Okay, I promise, she's going to behave." Nayeon assured.

"I guess, we have all 18 right now. Call the 18 to come back tomorrow and call the others and say that we don't need them anymore." I said as they all nodded, I left the room and went to my office.

It was already 7 pm, but most of the time I keep working until 12 am and then I go home and come back here around 9 am. I don't like being home, my parents are never here, they're always on business trips, so I'm pretty much alone all the time. I live in a big ass house all by myself, with maids and butlers, and I don't really like it.

I asked my dad if I could move into a small apartment but of course he said no. After working for almost two hours my phone rang, it was my dad.

"Yes, father?"

"How did the auditions go? Did you pick nine girls already?"

"The auditions went well. I chose 18 girls for now, and I asked them to come back tomorrow for another audition, I want to choose the best, so I didn't want to base my opinion on only one audition."

"That's good to hear. You better pick the best girls you can find there. And you better not mess up, you know I don't trust you after what happened last time, but I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself. So don't mess up."

Ugh, why is he like this? Why is he bringing up what happened a year ago?

"I won't, father. I'm working hard and I'm going to make you proud."

"I hope so, dear. I need to go now, your mother is calling." He said hanging up.

Fuck, I really can't mess this up. I pulled the sheet with all the 18 names on it and I searched all of them online.

I really need the best nine, I can only present the best to my dad. He is putting a lot of pressure on me, but I don't blame him, this is what I deserve after what I did. I need nine hardworking talented girls, that are going to do what I ask from them.

I couldn't find that much about them online, mostly I found what they have studied, where they've worked before, things about their families. But that's good I need to find as much information about them as I can. So I spend all night searching for information, I didn't even realize that I fell asleep on my desk until I woke up the next day.

Great, it's already almost time for the second round of auditions and I haven't showered nor changed my clothes. I went home as fast as I could. I changed and showered quickly before going back to the company.