eleven

april 10

peter groaned as he looked through his locker. his phone hadn't charged at night. peter wasn't stupid. he would've remembered to pack his charger, knowing his phone was dead, but he was already late and it slipped his mind.

he could've sworn he had an extra in his locker but he couldn't find it. he finally gave up as the bell for homeroom rang.

once he was in homeroom, he was relieved to see layla's spot empty. he then spotted y/n, sitting at her normal spot next to liz. he smiled to himself and took his spot.

-

peter was dozing off in english, when the teacher clapped her hands.

"okay everyone! we're going to start our new project! i'll send the list of partners on google classroom with the rubric."

peter sighed as he waited for his partner to find him.  his phone was still dead. peter looked around to spot his partner and jumped when someone tapped his shoulder. he turned to see y/n.

"hey! you scared me," peter laughed.

"sorry! we're partners," she smiled, making peter's heart skip a beat.

he noticed that she wasn't meeting his eyes.

"oh, really? awesome," he smiled back.

"class ends in five minutes so why don't we meet up after class at your house?" she kept her eyes on her paper as she fiddled with it.

"sure, meet at my locker after school?"

"yeah, cool, see you later," she then rushed off.

-

peter smiled as he spotted y/n on her phone.

"hey, ready to go?" she looked up and nodded.

they talked about what they should do their project on as they walked to peter's apartment. y/n would be lying if she said she wasn't effected by the zero showing up on her love alarm.

"we're here," peter exclaimed.

he then led her up the stairs and straight into his apartment.

"may?" peter called out.

no response.

"guess we're alone," peter shrugged. "well let's go to my room."

y/n nodded slightly then followed him to his room. she set her book bag down on a chair that peter had by a desk, and sat on his bed. she then watched him plug in his phone.

"my phone's been dead all day," peter explained.

"well at least you can plug it in now!" y/n laughed.

peter's cheeks turned a light pink at the sound. y/n's kept a small smile on her face as she looked around.

"i like your room. it's very peter."

"what do you mean by that?"

"well, you're really quiet. this kind of just tells me a little bit about you," peter smiled.

"what are you learning from this?"

y/n hummed softly as she thought.

"you like star wars, you're not too clean but not too messy, you like science, and you like tinkering with electronics." peter nodded.

"you're right," y/n beamed up at him.

"we should probably start working on our project," she pulled out her laptop from her bag and turned on her hotspot from her phone.

she then opened a google slides to create a presentation.

"yeah we should-," peter stopped as y/n's phone dinged.

y/n was in the middle of typing and stopped. they both knew that sound. y/n looked up at peter and reached for her phone, without breaking eye contact. this was the first time she had made eye contact with him all day and his heart sped up.

as y/n unlocked her phone she was immediately taken to the app.

1 person in your 10 meter radius likes you.

peter's eyes widened as he caught a glimpse of the number in the center of the spinning hearts. y/n's cheeks flushed.

"y/n, i-," peter started to explain when his phone dinged.

y/n's heart stopped at the sound. peter turned to his phone, eyes wide. he then unplugged his phone, that had six percent, and unlocked it. he was taken to the app.

1 person in your 10 meter radius likes you.

"it's you. i've been looking for you," peter looked up.

y/n held her breath.

"i'm sorry. i know you have a girlfriend. i just couldn't contain my feelings," y/n bit her lip to hold back tears.

"don't be. i haven't been able to ring anyone's love alarm," peter sighed. "except for yours."

y/n's heart thundered in her chest as she leaned over to grab the boys face in her hands. she quickly took in his features before pulling away.

"i'm sorry, i don't know what i was doing-," she stops as peter grabs her wrists to keep her from pulling away and presses their lips together.

she freezes, but closes her eyes. peter slowly releases his grip, letting her put her arms around his neck.

as they pull away, lips swollen and cheeks pink, peter breathes out.

"i can't believe it's you."

821