thirteen

april 20

peter hadn't noticed the stares and whispers. maybe it was the project he and y/n were working on or maybe it was the bliss from his love alarm ringing. but that could only protect him and y/n for so long.

it was a regular day, he had gone to his locker and put away some things before heading to home room. on the way there he saw ned.

"peter! dude, we have to talk." ned pushed peter into the audio visual club room.

"uh, hey? what's up, man?" peter was confused and anxious to see y/n.

"you tell me." ned sighed.

"you're not making any sense," peter fidgeted with his backpack straps.

"listen, i was in the red room," ned began to explain. "and then these two girls came and said some.. not so flattering things about y/n."

peter processed the information.

"what?"

"there's rumors, peter. people are calling y/n..." ned thought carefully. "it doesn't matter. i just wanted to let you know."

"okay. thanks for letting me know, ned." peter said as he moved past him quickly.

peter was deep in thought as he made it to home room. as he entered the classroom, he saw a group of students around y/n's desk. there, in large black letters was the single word: slut.

peter looked up and saw y/n as they ran out of the room. peter called y/n's name as they ran down the hallway. luckily, he was able to catch up thanks to his spidey traits.

"y/n," he breathed out as he grabbed their shoulders.

"please, peter. just leave me alone," y/n quickly brushed him off and took the first exit out of the building.

-

"i don't know what to do, mr. stark," peter spoke into a pillow that he was holding onto his face as he laid on a couch in tony's office.

"cheer up, kid. it'll blow over soon," tony replied as he typed something up. "and take that pillow off of your face, i just had those cleaned you know."

peter sighed and let the pillow go.

"what if it doesn't blow over soon?" he slowly sat up correctly. "what if y/n never wants to talk to me again?"

tony sighed as he turned to look at peter.

"the best thing to do is to let time heal things, peter," he said as he crossed his arms. "give them some space then talk to them."

"is that what you do with pepper?" peter asks.

"sometimes," tony hums. "that or i tell her she's right."

peter picked at a loose thread on a pillow as he continued thinking.

"it'll be okay." tony reassured him again. "give y/n space and time. they'll come to you when they're ready."

467