TWENTY-NINE

I wake up on Saturday morning. Today is the day I am flying out to LA. I am nervous to say the least. When Christian confessed that he loved me, I knew I loved him back. I always kept pushing it away because I wasn't sure if I was ready to be back in a relationship, but he makes me feel comfortable. 

I finishing packing everything and bring both my luggage and carry-on bags downstairs. No one is in the house as my mom is at work and my dad is outside. I make myself a quick breakfast. My flight is at 4 pm so I gotta leave my house by 12:30 - 1:00. I finish eating and clean up. Grabbing my bags, I make my way outside to my dad's truck. I load my bags and go to the milking parlor to find him. I ask one of the workers where he was and she pointed toward the far end of the parlor where he was rounding up cows for milking. 

"Is Jeff here yet?" I ask my dad as I reach him. 

"No. Not yet but when he does we'll leave." I nod. I make my way outside to way for him. A few minutes later a tractor pulls into the drive way, I look up and it's Uncle Jeff. He stops the tractor and gets out. 

"Kammy! I can't believe you are doing this." He says as he hugs me. 

"Trust me, neither can I."

"Are you sure this guy is worth you doing this?" He asks, being like a over protective father, which he is like my second father. I nod. 

"Positive." He nods. 

"How long are you staying there for?"

"I'm not exactly sure. It all depends on it goes tonight." 

"Well you're lucky you're going to miss the big snow storm coming tonight."

"I know." I look over to the barn to see my dad coming out. 

"'Bout time you get here. She can stop complaining now." I scoff at my dad's comment. 

"I wasn't complaining." 

"Sure what ever you say." Uncle Jeff replies. 

"You guys are definitely brothers, that's for sure." My dad rolls his eyes at me and turns to his brother. 

"Take care of my farm now. They are on the last batch of cows for milking. Give them about an hour before they start cleaning. There is a trainee in there so make sure you go in there to make sure everything is done right."

"What? You don't trust Mitchell, Hannah and Zach?" I ask dad, with some sass in my voice. He shoves me slightly. 

"It's not that, just some extra supervision." 

"That's not trusting, dad." 

"Just get it the god damn truck." He shoves me more, I laugh and make me way to the truck. 

"You two are definitely father and daughter, that's for sure." I hear Uncle Jeff say to him. I smile to myself. I hope in the truck and wait for dad. Dad exchanges a few more words with Uncle Jeff before walking to the truck. 

"Let's get this show on the road." Dad says as he starts the truck and pulls out to the road. We pass Uncle Jeff's tractor, I wave to him and he waves back. We make our way to the highway and start the 2-hour drive down to Milwaukee.