Chapter 7: Human Languages

With Mephisto And The Grigori

3rd Pov:

“Explain to me again why you think it’s a good idea to keep a demon king, here, with us, instead of exacting him?” a member of the Grigori asks, and Mephisto just stands there quietly with a smirk on his face.

“Why, to defeat Satan, of course.” Mephisto states bluntly as the Grigori gasps.

“Wouldn’t it be a fun, exciting little show to see if the demon king, Rin, stays a demon king in Gehenna or becomes the savior of Assiah.” Mehisto smiles after ending his sentence.

Rin’s Pov:

I lay on my back staring up at the ceiling, unblinking, until I hear footsteps and talking slowly make their way to me. When they come to a stop I see humans, who I assume are exorcists, above me. I still lay there blinking but this time staring into somebody's eye. Before I know it I feel a slight burning sensation from what I presume is from holy water, but I still don’t make a sound, I remain unblinking and continue to stare at the person in the eyes with me emotionless face. They look at me with confusion clouding their eyes but never reaching their face, when suddenly an exorcist from the side whips out some kind of weapon and at the end, it glows in electricity.

They must be trying to get me to move.’ I think.

And with that thought I slowly start to rise, trying not to alarm the exorcists, but they end up backing away slightly. When I finally am able to stand up, I stand there unmoving and waiting for them to ‘escort’ me to whatever they want me to go. 

When the small minded humans finally get that I’m waiting for them to do something, they start leading me to cell in the back of wherever we are. I’m lightly shoved into the cell and the contact makes me growl lowly, and in return I get a gun in my face. I look up from the gun and see, what I assume to be an exorcist, somebody with glasses and moles on his face. I almost laugh at the fact this child thinks he could scare me. Instead of laughing I say…

“Oh, is four eyed mole face angry~?” I ask, but the humans look confused, but not because of what I said… and then it hits me. I never really paid any mind to human languages so I never learned them.

‘Well shit, I have no way of communicating to them… well… whatever.’ I think. 

Word count: 430