Chapter Eight

In all Honest Sense Maia Should have known this was going to happen, Maia just wish it didn’t happen to him so young having to lose one's parents is never easy and knowing that they were at odds didn’t make it better for her little man at all and how Maia found out about it didn’t just hurt her heart it tore it to threads.

8 HOURS AGO.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

“Guardian one moment if you would” a reaper assistant walked towards Maia a serious frown on her face, Maia bit her lip to stop the irritated Sigh from coming out she had been on mission for almost a month all she wanted to do is go see her little man, she missed him with his cheesy smile and adorable laugh, his wide intrigued eyes that just want to see what everything and anything does or how it worked.The last Maia had seen him was when he had packed up to go see his parents for Christmas and that she told him she wouldn’t be able to make it this time because the mission was going to take her away for a month if not more but she was going to surprise him with her early arrival on the 16th that was if whatever the assistant wanted doesn’t put n kink in her plan.“What is it I have somewhere I need to be,” Maia said firmly, the fact that everyone knew what Tony meant to her kept them from bothering her when she is on her way to him but it seems not today either something more important had happened or something dangerous is headed their way but seeing that it was the reaper assistant meant it had something to do with Death.“Master Death have an assignment for you,” the assistant said barely looking her in the eyes and that stop her in her tracks, Every single time Maia had to work for Death all the details, plans, and files on that person came from the reaper Assistants, the reapers them self or deaths assistant but never from death himself.Cursing Maia realized she was going to be late and there was nothing she could do about it death wasn’t something you made wait having a soul live on borrowed time was cause for all types of disasters, it could not and should not happen “Alright take me to him”.Nodding she turned and walked away leaving Maia to follow her toward Deaths domain she stopped trying to know the place by heart it didn’t work with every soul the domain changes, it was, all the same, the underworld, the Above Heaven as most call it and then there is the between the spirit realm where all the troubled, tormented, the unfinished business or just where the spirit just can’t let go wander, seekers are the ones to deal with them and last and very disturbed least purgatory where all the monsters go when they die, it’s not a place any soul want to be when they die not only is it dangerous but it’s also downright terrifying not even Reaper didn’t want to go in there but it’s their job so there wasn’t any other choice and with every soul added it changes and not always for the best.Walking into death's domain Maia’s gazed around the room it hadn’t change of yet but the pockets of empty wall places told her there will be adjustments made soon, finally setting her gaze on death Maia hadn’t seen much of him only glimpses of him so she let her gaze wander, sitting at the desk death wore a suit which didn’t surprise Maia what had her Attention was the sleek silver half mask he wore by the faint trail of scares down his neck told her he was hiding the worst of them behind his mask, the uncovered part of his face was quite handsome with dark eye full lip and a slim nose Maia wondered what had happened to him to make half of his appearance so grueling she looked at his hands that were busy going through files, one hand was strong with slender fingers while the other was covered in a sleek silver glove it barely moved his fingers would only bend slightly.

There were two folders sitting aside the others death was currently going through approaching the desk death looked up “ah Guardian I’m glad the assistant could catch you before you left” death held out his hand for a shake which Maia took hard ridges and rough skin meet with her soft ones giving away the hard work that those hands had been through she had no doubt that if she hadn’t taken care of herself like she does every day her hands would be just like deaths.