Thirty nine

The next time they visited Dr Jin, they had their sessions separately. Jimin was the first to speak with the therapist. This time, Jin didn't have his clip board with him nor did he sit in his usual chair. Instead, he sat freely beside Jimin smiling brightly at him.

"So Jimin, this is still an official session but I'd like you to pretend that it isn't" he began

Jimin was perplexed "What?"

Jin sighed. "I want you to feel free to tell me anything. I promise that whatever we shall discuss here, no one else will know about it"

Jimin nodded his head pondering to himself until he seemed a bit relaxed "okay! so what do you want know?"

Jin started "The one month trial period is nearly over. Within this period, has anything changed? What do you think of Taehyung now?"

There was silence. Jin stared at Jimin sensing the pressure coming from him. His eyes held so much conflict. Finally, he sighed.

"I think he's sad"

Jin watched him silently.

"He thinks i don't know but sometimes I see him popping pills into his mouth. He suffers a lot from insomnia and he has anger issues"

"Are you worried about him?"

"I'm really worried about him" Jimin blurted out but blushed afterwards.

"It's normal right? I mean he's also Mintae's father. It's okay to worry about him from time to time"

He looked nervous and Jin definitely noticed it.

"Jimin, is there something going on between you and Taehyung?"

"Nothing! Nothing!" he muttered but then shook his head vigorously. "Actually, it isn't nothing. I'm confused. I don't know how it happened but I'm feeling something for him"

Jin's eyes widened. "Are you interested in him?"

"I don't know! I already have a boy friend and I can't totally forget so easily what Taehyung did to me ten years ago but still, I feel weird"

Jimin shook his head. "I'm crazy. really crazy"

Jin smiled. "You aren't crazy. Maybe you're a bit confused. You are living alone with your ex and your child. You used to have feelings for him so it's not going to be a surprise if those feelings start to resurface whether you like it or not"

Jimin sighed. "So what do I do? I really don't want to fall for Taehyung. It won't do me any good. I had plans!"

Jin arched an eyebrow. "What plans?"

Jimin froze. He couldn't possibly tell the psychiatrist that he had wanted to cause trouble for Taehyung in other to gain sole custody of Mintae. No, he couldn't tell him that. Instead he sighed.

"Just personal plans"

"Anyway, you're damn right about not falling for him because falling for Taehyung is the biggest mistake you can make right now" Jin murmured in a barely audible voice.

"What did you say?" Jimin asked him but he outwardly smiled at him as if he hadn't said anything.

"Nothing... you just have to keep a distance from him. I can see your relationship is quite good right now but still you have to mantain a little bit of distance"

Jimin thought about it. "I'll try to do that"

Jin smiled "Of course"

Their session ended and Jimin waited outside while Taehyung entered into the office and sat beside Jin on the couch