Forty five

Jimin had so many things to contend with. People held him responsible for the accident that occurred during his mini fashion show which resulted in the deaths of a handful of people. In exchange for a jail sentence, he had to pay for damages and also heavily compensated the families of those who died.

Not only that, people pointed fingers at him after news of his sexuality circulated around the entire country. Jimin was always in the news only for negativity and his reputation slowly started to diminish. Youths attacked him whenever he was seen in public. Cursing him  with hurtful words and throwing things at him. Sometimes, they where sharp objects and he ended up getting cut one time too many times. He tried to put up a tough face and pretend that he wasn't hurting but there was only so much he could take. He was still human so eventually, he broke down, keeping to himself, refusing to be seen in public. He was only seen in Taehyung's ward watching him, silently waiting and praying that he would wake up but he didn't. He employed body guards to keep watch outside Taehyung's ward just in case of an attack. People came to see Taehyung. Since Mintae had to resume school, he could only come to the hospital on weekends but he was always asking about Taehyung. Sunmi came often but whenever she was around, she cried too much, it drained everyone's energy. Dr Jin also stopped by frequently. Mrs Jung came as well for moral support. Yoongi came twice to see Taehyung but he never spoke. He was just so far away from everyone and everything. Everyone waited for Taehyung to wake up but a full month passed and still Taehyung didn't wake up.

"Maybe we should give up Jimin. You are barely holding on. Taehyung hasn't made any improvement. Besides, if he does there's every tendency that he would never be the same again. He was badly hurt. A whole building fell on him" Hoseok said one day while they where in the ward

"You don't know that. He might still wake up. I'm not giving up. No matter how long it takes, I'll wait!"

Hoseok groaned. "But you have to take care of yourself first. Right now, you're the most hated man in the entire country. You need to think of how to get a come back"

Jimin frowned at him. "Do you think I care about that right now? I can't believe you just said that. Taehyung is fighting for his life and this is what you have to say? The business can wait. The most important thing right now is making sure Taehyung wakes up!"

"But it's been a month!"

"People have waited years!"

Hoseok sighed. "I'm sorry if I sound insensitive. I want Taehyung to wake up just as much as you do"

Jimin scoffed. "I don't think so"

Hoseok ignored him and continued " I'm only worried about you. Look at you! You're a mess. You need to get yourself together"

Jimin rolled his eyes. "I'll take care of myself Hobi. Thank you but please don't tell me to give up because I'm never going to do that!"

Hoseok shook his head at his friend before speaking again.

"Yoongi has been really worried about you. He wanted to come but he doesn't want things to be awkward between you two"

Jimin shrugged "it won't be awkward. If he wanted to come, he has every right to do so. Taehyung is in a coma. That's the only thing he should worry about"

Hoseok sighed. "Aren't you going to get back together with him?"

Jimin glared at him. "Really Hobi, really?"

He shook his head. Words where unable to come out of his mouth. He was just flustered by his friend to say anything. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door interrupting their thoughts.

Jimin turned and froze immediately. He couldn't believe what his eyes where seeing. He rubbed both eyes to be sure of what he was staring at but it was the same.