Ch 17: A posibility

It's been 3 days since (y/n) restarted the training. She was putting her whole heart into it and worked her ass off but despite the fatigue, she didn't stop spending time with her girlfriend.

"Morning" Merida embraced (y/n) as they met in the hallway "Wanna go for a little walk before breakfast?"

"Sure" (y/n) sent her a smile and grabbed the girl's hand when they entered the royal garden.

"So" Merida glanced at her "What's today's lesson?"

"Emmm" (Y/n) looked down

"What is it?"

"The lesson...will be...horse riding...and archery..."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Merida threw her hands into the air "Today archery, yesterday hand combat, and I got what? Damn strategy lesson!" She groaned "Not fair!"

'She's kinda cute when she has those tantrums.' (y/n) thought and smiled

"Well" she said after a while"look at the bright side. Your mother seems happy that you'd learned some strategy."

"Yeah, yeah" Merida rolled her eyes "Anyway, I wanted to ask you something."

"What's that?"

The red-haired princess jumped on one of the decorative stones and started balancing on it.

"Sooo...when are you becoming a warrior in your clan? I mean when you get the title."

"Well" (y/n) scratched her neck "The more experience you have, the better. I hope that my visit here will speed things up a little."

"Yeah but w h e n?"

(Y/n) sighed "I dunno..."

She glanced at Merida who jumped on the biggest stone and tried to catch her balance

"If there will be no war or other obstacles, probably in a year or so."

"Great then!" Merida grinned

"What's so great?"

"That you'll have a tittle." the girl carefully jumped on another stone "You see, when you were carving your lovely muscles for the past few days...I learned something useful."

"Please tell me you weren't spying on the king..."

"No! I was in the library."

"Pfff"

"Laugh as much as you like" Merida crossed her arms "but as it turned out, you can actually learn something from books! Amazing, isn't it?!"

"Yeah..." (y/n) said not sure where the conversation was going

"AND! I read that in acco-...accor-...fuck, what was the word... accordance! In accordance with the laws of these lands any man with a brave heart, rightful mind, and a tittle can ask a princess for a hand...and marry her."

(y/n) looked down "But I'm not a man"

"Well fuck it! Most of the princes are cowards or complete idiots...OR BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. Apparently, you don't have to meet all of the conditions. And you're brave, smart and-"

(Y/n) felt a huge lump in her throat and her eyes started itching so she moved a few steps away from Merida.The princes ran up to her.

"What happened?" She looked at her face and wiped a single tear from her cheek "Did I say something wrong?" Merida asked worriedly

(Y/n) pushed her away lightly "Just...don't joke about it." The girl exhaled and took a deep breath "You make me feel like there was a chance that we could actually marry."