Ch 25: Be our guest...

Hi!

2020 is really a crazy year so whereever in the world you are, if something bad is happening there, I'm sending you my best wishes!

(I'm sorry for any language mistakes! I'm doing my best but the longer the chapter is, the more difficult for me to get rid of them all.)

^^^

It was three days after the spy was caught and punished. (y/n) was invited for the second time to join the royal family at their breakfast. The king and the queen started to truly like their daughter's partner. The only people at the table that were still a little suspicious about (y/n), were the triplets.

"How do you make holy water? You boil the hell out of it!" the king said and burst into laughter.

Merida hid her face in her palms "Oh my God! Dad!"

"That one was actually funny. " the queen said

"Don't encourage him!" Merida frowned

The king reached out for a ham plater. Then he giggled and spoke to (y/n).

"It was really nice to meat you."

Hearing that Merida groaned loudly.

Suddenly the door to the chamber opened and a soldier walked in. His red, sweaty face and heavy breathing indicated that the man had been running.

"My...king! " he said panting "I...am...sorry...to...interrupt...your...bre-"

"Just spit it out, already! " the king said, annoyed

"A ship with a golden emblem was seen at the sea. It is believed that it will enter the harbor in less than 30 minutes, my king!"

The king's eyes widened.

The queen gasped.

(y/n) glanced at Merida, not knowing what to do. The girl quickly shoved the rest of her meal into her mouth so (y/n) did the same. It was clear that the breakfast time was over.

"I'll go to the harbor." the king said "I'll leave the castle to you, dear." he told his wife "Merida, take your brothers to their room and get yourself ready! And give instructions to the nordic team."

Everybody left the chamber in rush. (y/n), walking alongside Merida, asked "Did something happen? I don't understand what's going on!"

"Ah yes, sorry darling. I'll explain everything to you in a moment." She gave her brothers a serious look and said "Go straight to your room. No messing around! This is serious!"

When the triples ran away, Merida grabbed (y/n) hands and sighed "I'm sorry for stressing you out. We...don't know whether something bad happened. But it's extremely weird for an important person to just appear out of nowhere. "

"So the golden emblem is..."

"It's lingo for a bigass clan emblem on the sail. If a ship has one, it means that someone with a high rank is on board. And from my parents' reaction, I assume that we didn't get any information about that person's arrival."

"So that's the only problem?" the girl asked confused

"If you're someone important and your ego is enormous, if you won't get a proper greeting from your host, don't receive a welcoming meal and a chamber to relax etc...it's seen as extremely offensive. That's why my father went to the harbor to buy some time for my mother to prepare the castle for a guest."

"At the north, we don't have such an annoying etiquette." (y/n) murmured

"Well, it's one more reason for me to go there in the future." Merida sent her a smile "Now, I have to change into something more elegant. If you mind asking your friends to do the same and then wait in your rooms in case the guest wants to meet you all. " Merida sighed "I'm sorry, I know I sound bossy right now but-"