Ch 18: (Not)A safe place

Hi! Happy Valentine's Day! Whether spend with a loved one, friend, favourite book or binge-watching Netflix series, I hope it went great for y'all!

I just wanted to say how happy I am to be able to create this story that you guys actually find interesting and worth reading! I've just checked the demographics for the firsts time and it turned out that people from 18 different countries around the world had read my story AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY SURREAL FOR ME! It's amazing to have you here! 

^^^

It was nearly midnight. Merida was in her bed. Next to her, at the night table was lying a small pile of old books and a melted candle. 

Suddenly she heard the door creaking and a familiar face appeared in her room.

"Can I?" (y/n) whispered slowly walking inside.

"Yeah, come in." Merida made her some room in the bed.

When the girl joined her under the sheets, Merida embraced her and kissed gently. 

"Why am I honored with having such a beautiful lad in my bed tonight?" Merida smiled

"I just couldn't sleep." (y/n) stroked her cheek "And next to you I always feel safe."

"What made you upset, then? Should I kill someone?"

"No, that won't be necessary. ... Anyway, what's up with all these books?"

"Oh that" Merida handed her the pile "I've found them in the library the other day."

The girl looked at old, creased covers. 'British Agricultural Revolution vol. 1', 'Plebeian Uprising vol.3', 'Law enforcement in XIII century', only reading these titles gave her a headache.

"You like them?" (y/n) asked confused.

"I do!" Merida said with excitement "Especially the Uprising one!"

(y/n) sighed "You just went from no books at all to the weirdest stuff I've ever seen."

"Hey!" she elbowed her gently "Don't hate on my book taste."

"I don't! I'm glad that you find them interesting, it's just...I did not expect you to like that kind of titles."

"Fairy tales are for losers! The poor fighting with the nobles because they wanted more money, that's LIT!"

"Whatever makes you happy, dear." the girl smiled, happy that her loved one find another hobby.

They were laying in silence for a while when (y/n) moved away and stood up from the bed. 

"I think I'm gonna head to my room." she said "We both should get some rest." 

She leaned in and kissed Merida on her forehead "G'night."

^^^

~~the same night~~

Olaf opened the door angrily.

"You better have a good reason to bang on my door at 3 AM." he crossed arms on his chest.

"Sorry" (y/n) apologized "But it's an emergency. I need your help-" 

She glanced at the bed in her friend's room. She noticed a fire-red pile of short curly hair sticking out from the sheets.

"Olaf?" she whispered to her friend "Isn't that the guy from the dancing crew...the one from the festival?"

Olaf's face became red "Yeees...That's Harrison. Harrison, that's my close friend, (y/n)."

The freckled guy sent her an awkward smile and waved at her. She did the same.