jealous [billy]

parties weren't usually my type of thing, but since my boyfriend billy got invited by the guys from the basketball team, he wanted me to come too.

we had been dating for a few months now- at first, everyone thought it was just another one of billy's flings- and to be honest, so did i.

but we'd been going strong for a while, even though neither of us expected it, it was a good thing.

i wasn't a player, i was actually quite introverted. but as we sat next to each other in english, he took a shine to me and wanted to get to know me better, and we ended up dating.

as i said, parties weren't really my thing, so i just left billy to it and went to find my friends; nancy, steve and jonathon.

i know that billy was a flirt and a player, but he wasn't the sort of guy that would cheat. i don't know what it is, but i really trust him.

every so often, billy would walk into the kitchen to get a drink, but i knew it was to also check on me- if any other guy was trying to make a move on me.

billy was incredibly overprotective- it wasn't because he didn't trust me, he just didn't trust other guys around me.

i would see him look over at us and he would give me a small nod, to check i was okay.

it was sweet of him, but i wanted him to have fun instead of feeling like he had to look out for me the whole night.

my friends and billy weren't the best of friends, to say the least, but since dating me, he tried to be as nice as he could towards them. well, nancy and jonathon at least.

steve and billy had a rivalry going on between them, but nancy and i were still best friends, boys weren't going to come between us. if it was a problem  they'd have to sort it themselves.

billy and i had arrived in the late evening to the party, so we had been here for a few hours already.

nancy and steve turned up about an hour after us, and jonathon about an hour after that.

nancy was already quite tipsy, slurring the occasional word in her sentence.

as soon as she arrived she went straight for the alcohol- but i stuck to the diet cokes, since i wasn't really a fan of drinking, not at a high school party anyway.

we all spent most of the night talking, dancing and laughing. sometimes steve would leave us for a few minutes to talk to other friends and then rejoin us soon after.

at first i didn't really notice, but nancy was gulping down the drink. she had refilled her cup more times than she should've.

"i'm gonna use the bathroom, i'll be back in a minute." jonathon told us before disappearing into the hot, sweaty, drunk crowd of teenagers.

steve also left yet again to play a game of beer pong with some friends, leaving me with a now-drunken nancy.

a few moments later, nancy started to gag violently, almost throwing up everywhere.

after trying to ask if she was okay (to no answer), i knew it was the alcohol that had gotten to her.

she stumbled around, and i took the drink out of her hand, put my arm around her and made my way towards steve at the ping pong table, half-carrying nancy.

explaining to steve that she was almost throwing up and the alcohol got to her (which didn't take long, due to the visible state she was in), he thanked me for looking after her and ended the game of beer pong.