three little words [steve]

bounding down the stairs, i smelt the delicious scent of freshly cooked pancakes fill my nose.

i strolled into steve's kitchen, where he was pouring some batter into a frying pan.

the sight of it made my mouth water and my stomach rumble.

"morning." steve tiredly mumbled as he gave me a small smile, but his whole face lit up.

"morning." i replied, getting some strawberries out of the fridge and began slicing them up.

i had stayed round steve's for the night since his parents were away for the weekend, so he had invited me over.

once we were done slicing fruit, cooking pancakes and pouring some orange juice, we both sat on the couch while we had our breakfast.

there was a whole stack of round, fluffy pancakes piled high on each of our plates, doused in syrup and sprinkled with strawberries.

we chatted about everything and nothing- steve and i could be sat in complete silence but i would still enjoy his company.

after we had finished our mountain of pancakes, we were both laying on the couch- me resting on steve's chest.

"steve?" i looked up at him, and he returned my gaze whilst softly stroking my hair.

"yeah?" his tone was soft, and full of love, and his brown eyes were sparkling.

"there are three little words that fill me with so much joy and happiness. they make me smile like an idiot every time i hear them, especially from you. whenever i think about it, i get butterflies in my stomach." as i speak, i grin from ear to ear, and my voice sounded so passionate.

"what are those three words then?" steve asks, grinning back at me, thinking he knew what i was going to say.

"all day breakfast." i announce with a sigh of content. steve's expression was priceless- a mix of shock, amusement and confusion.

"y/n, come on. all day breakfast?" he says, but he laughs, and i do the same.

"what about the words i love you?" he asks, still smiling at me.

"yeah, they're alright too."