you get drunk [finn]

this one isn't stranger things related (sorry) so it's just set in the present day instead :)

finn's pov
wyatt and i were at mine and y/n's apartment, talking in the living room while trying not to fall asleep.

this wasn't the first time we had done this- y/n and y/f/n were best friends, so they went out fairly regularly together, and wyatt and i were both best friends too so it happened vice versa.

wyatt and y/f/n had an apartment of their own not too far away from us, so we shared a ride back after picking them up.

i shared a flat with gaten, and y/n basically lived here with us too, she slept at ours a lot so she had a lot of her stuff here.

gaten had to get up early in the morning for work the next day, so he was asleep in his room.

wyatt and i were both almost dozing off again when my phone buzzes, jolting us awake with the shock of the sudden noise.

looking at the caller id, i see my girlfriend's name on the screen.

earlier that evening, y/n and wyatt's girlfriend y/f/n had decided to go clubbing together with a couple of other friends.

both of our girlfriends were out together- so we knew we were going to pick them up when they were shitfaced drunk.

the girls did the same for us, so by now we all knew the drill when either of us went out.

"it's y/n." i tell wyatt before answering the call, and i heard a voice down the phone that wasn't my girlfriend's.

"hi finn?" her voice was almost drowned out by the loud music from the club.

"it's y/n's friend hayley, is wyatt with you?" she shouted down the line, while i could hear incoherent slurs of y/n's voice in the background.

"yeah he is, do you need us to come and pick them up?" i asked, already knowing exactly what she was going to say.

"that would be great, thanks. you know where we are?" it came out as more of a statement than a question. she also knew exactly what we were going to say.

after agreeing to meet outside the club in a few minutes, i hung up the phone and stood up.

wyatt stood up too without me having to say anything, and i stretched out my arms and legs and nodded towards the door, signalling we were leaving.

he already knew where i was going, so we both headed out the door at an ungodly hour of the morning to pick up our drunk girlfriends.

we pulled up to the outside of the club, and we could see y/n and y/f/n sitting on the curb with hayley, who looked like she was dealing with two annoying toddlers.

a relieved smile washed over hayley's face when she saw the car pull up, and she got to her feet, pulling the two other girls with her.

y/n looked up and caught sight of me, and screamed "finn!" ridiculously loudly, and almost toppling me over with an enormous bear hug.

i laughed as i looked down at her as she mumbles continuously about missing me.

"thanks so much for picking them up. the other girls and i didn't want them getting a taxi alone this drunk." hayley said with a grateful smile.

"don't worry about it. thanks for calling me and taking care of them." i thank her and say my goodbyes.

wyatt does the same before we all get into the car (which took more effort than it should of to get y/n and y/f/n in) and hayley heads back into the club.