halloween [steve]

happy halloween everyone!!

"nice." whispering to myself quietly, i grinned like an absolute idiot.

in my hand was a bag with two halloween costumes in it. i had been planning steve and i's costumes for ages, and tonight was finally the night.

he eventually agreed to wear it, after way too much convincing.

we had been dating for a while now, and i thought it was absolutely necessary to get couples costumes.

i headed down the escalator of starcourt mall and down to where scoops ahoy was.

there he stood, in his terrible uniform looking bored but as handsome as always. my lovely boyfriend steve harrington.

in front of the desk was the party, and robin to his left. smiling widely as i approached them, i swung the bag up happily in excitement.

however, i accidentally hit someone with it as they were walking past. i turned around to apologise, but then saw that i had hit the girl that rejected dustin last year at the dance.

she had an outraged expression on her face, to which i returned a sarcastic smile. maybe that bitch deserved it.

everyone laughed at the girl- dustin high fived me- before greeting me.

it wasn't out of the ordinary for me to be carrying shopping bags constantly and having the time of my life whilst doing it, so my behaviour wasn't too abnormal.

"steve, i got them!" my voice was filled with joy and excitement, because i was genuinely very excited for my first couple halloween costume.

steve looked like he wanted to ground to swallow him up out of embarrassment, to which the party just looked confused.

"ah y/n, you got the costumes." robin said. she knew what i was talking about, and smirked when she remembered.

"costumes? matching costumes?" dustin had an expression that was a mix of amusement and disbelief.

"yep. were gonna be sandy and danny from grease." i announced proudly, because i was so excited and i did not care if anyone thought it was cringe or weird.

max thought it was cute we were co-ordinating costumes, the boys thought it was gross obviously.

"steve... she's got you-" to finish her sentence, robin made a whipping action and did the sound effect.

"robin i am not whipped." he retorted, trying to defend himself.

"alright, whatever you say, stud." robin says, mimicking sandy from grease to reference his costume. we all laughed at robin's comment, i loved her sense of humour and sarcastic nature.

i stepped around the counter and hugged steve out of sympathy- they'd bullied him enough for now.

"are you guys going trick or treating this year?" i asked the rest of the group whilst steve still had his arm around me in a side-hug. 

"no, were too old for that now." mike replies with a blunt tone, as if it was a dumb question.

"we didn't get invited to any parties either." lucas bitterly points out.

"why don't you guys hang out with us? that could be cool!" my tone was hopeful and optimistic, because i really did like hanging out with these guys, even if they were a bit younger than me.

"yeah why not, we weren't gonna go to any parties or anything this year, so you can hang out at my place and watch horror movies with us." steve offered after smiling at me.