Powers and poetry

You were perched on top of a tall building the city's lights glowing in your eyes and the cold wind seeping into your skin. You lifted your head to see the city. what You saw, took your breath away. The ground below you was alive with lights, like someone had taken a handful of glitter and thrown it as far as the eye could see. It was too dark to make out individual buildings, but the lights were enough for you. You sighed, amazed at the view laid out before you. The avengers had decided to put you on patrol as a way to introduce you to the team. All you had to do was make sure that the city that never slept was safe. You were excited and scared all at once and couldn't wait to see were your life would take you. There was an explosion in your brain, the good sort the type that carries more possibilities than you could be conscious of  but there were hundreds of ideas there in that buzz of electricity. You could feel it. It was the calling card of adventure, of paths awaiting your feet. Whatever was ahead could be a great challenge, and there could be tears, but it was your adventure to take and so you smiled. The ideas would come, probably when you least expected it, so you laced her boots and took a step. You run down city streets and randomly shot beams of your powers into the sky feeling the energy course through your veins. Your feet were sore and stiff from running for so long but you ignored it, the adrenaline in your veins pushing you pass your limit. You were finally someone important, you mattered you were a hero to all, and you couldn't wait to do some good.

Peter was on his own patrol when he noticed a figure on top of a nearby building. Peter came closer the silhouette of the person becoming clearer and he saw a girl. She wore a black masquerade mask and a black suit with golds and silvers woven in. Peter was awestruck your eyes sparkled in the moonlight and your hair tumbled down from your  head and framed your face perfectly. You had a natural beauty about you that peter had only even seen with one person but that wasn't possible. You looked over at him your eyes shining with innocence "hello I'm Spider-Man, and you are" you stood up brushing the dust off your suit and stuck out your hand to him "I'm siren, the newest avenger". Peter froze you were an avenger he had practically begged tony to make him an avenger he could see your lips moving but he couldn't hear anything. Peters veins run cold anger taking ahold of him. You had taken his dreams, you were living the life he wanted. He hated you.

Hate, for lack of better words, can be compared to anger and betrayal. 'Hate' is a word that people use lightly. "Oh, I hate it when..." "I hate that..." but hate, hate is indescribable. Hate is what turns the sweetest of people to the angriest. Hate is what makes the hero turn into the villain. Hate is the feeling that makes you wonder "Would I feel anything if i were to kill this person? Would I feel sadness? Anger? Would i feel like my shoulders have been lifted?" Hate is what fuels some of us. Hate can break us. Hate can hurt us. Hate can turn us into things we feared as children. Hate is powerful, but what people try not to say, is that even though your hate is huge and you know the answer to the questions above, hate can motivate us. People tell you "Never hate someone." "To hate someone, means that they have power over you." But hate can help us to have the better life, the better job. Hate can help us to be the better person. Hate can be good or bad, but its your decision. Peter knew he shouldn't hate you but you were perfect your eyes were like space, filled with thousands of tiny stars, your smile was like a sunrise promising the start of a new day. Your hair smelled of raspberries and fresh flowers. He hated you, Or at least he thought he did. He could hear his heart pounding against his chest and knew he was falling hard the only problem was he was already in love. Y/n was his crush, right?

Peter brushed past you mumbling under his breath you tried to grab his arm but he moved away. He shot a web at another building looking back at you he knew you, but why. He shook his head and swung off the building you run after him through side alleys and streets but he wouldn't stop. He looked back at you and decided to take pity on you and slow down. Thoughts were rushing around your head. Did you do something wrong, was this all your fault. "Why are you running away" you said panting for air, your lungs burning from running so far. "It's not you" he whispered out the words almost getting lost in the wind. "then why are you angry at me" you said tears forming in your eyes. "because I wanted what you have, I wanted to be an avenger I practically begged tony but he kept saying it was too dangerous and then you show up and get the job...." his eyes drift towards the ground anxiety eating away at him."It hurts I thought I was good enough but I guess not" you reached out to grab him trying to explain he was enough but he didn't listen. "I don't hate you, I just hate that I'm not as great a you" peter said shooting another web ready to swing off into the night but he froze looking back at you trying to remember where he'd seen your masked face before "I tried so hard to be the best for tony but he didn't choose me" peter said leaving you alone in the busy new York streets.

Love is fucked up. It is confusing and it's terrifying and it's painful. It sucks. But I'm looking at you right now and I wanna risk it. I know it could be a mistake, I know we can make each other miserable but even if we had the slightest chance of being that one time, I'm willing to regret you for the rest of my life. You saw peter swing off into the distance your heart shattered into a million pieces. You took off your mask and let the cold air surround you. You couldn't tell him who you were, he would hate you even more. You jumped off the building and headed to the tower doubting if you really deserved your powers.