35

"Beautiful..." He touched her with his mouth, inhaling her scent. She smelled of sweet flowers.

"Duke..."

"Not Duke."

She sighed, "Beijie."

"Back then I was Dingnan, now I'm Beijie." He noticed that she was a little nervous.

Outside, a full moon was shining.

That night, in the quiet Zhen-Bei Ducal Residence, the two people, respectively from Gui Le and Dong Lin laid together. One losing soul, the other losing heart.

Her sleeping face was serene in the moonlight. Pingting was smiling in her dreams and her breathing was quiet, regular.

She was tired. He could tell back then from her blurry eyes, like the stars were too bright for her.

Her perfect lips, slim waist and her long thin legs were all imprinted in his mind. Chu Beijie's expression was of happiness, but then for some reason, his smile disappeared. He was frowning.

He walked out of the bedroom, quietly closing the door behind him.

Chu Moran was waiting for him in the office.

Chu Beijie walked inside with heavy steps and he sat down expressionless. Chu Moran handed him a sheet of paper.

—Yangfeng, from Bei Mo, sold into Gui Le at will. Plays qin, is one of the two famous Gui Le qin players.

Favoured by He Su but rarely appears in public.

Loves flowers and plants.

Favourite food: Eight treasure pickles.

Favourite colour: Blue

Never been seen since accused of a crime.

He took out a sheet of paper and looked at it again.

It felt as if the temperature had just dropped several degrees. Chu Moran felt rather uncomfortable.

"Nothing suspicious at all," Chu Beijie laughed bitterly.

He had rarely seen his master look so helpless and Chu Moran couldn't help lowering his head and saying, "Duke, could it be that..."

"Two famous Gui Le's qin players..." Chu Beijie asked in a deep voice, "Who's the other one?"

"It's one of Jing-An Ducal Residence's maids, family name, Bai."

Chu Beijie closed his eyes and when he opened them again, there was a new light in them. A single phrase left his mouth, "Research her."

"Yes."

Pingting only woke up when morning came.

Someone was kissing her shoulder.

Turning to the side, she saw a pair of intelligent black eyes and suddenly she remembered what happened last night. She hid her overheating face in the blankets.

"What's done is done. No need to hide." Chu Beijie smiled fondly at her hair. Seeing that she was still hiding, he laughed and playfully bit her shoulder.

"Ow!" Pingting jerked upwards, only to be captured by the waiting Chu Beijie, who planted a fierce kiss on her red lips.

"Hehe, the world's most delicious breakfast."

"You... you..."

"What? From now on you must call me 'husband'."

Pingting narrowed her eyes, clearly displeased. "Who had agreed to marry you?"

Chu Beijie clamped her hand in his and looking intently into her eyes, he said in a very serious voice, "Marry me. Don't ever leave me."

Pingting felt as if she had been stabbed. She just stared.

Chu Beijie was really serious, "Don't think about it. Come with me. I'm willing to follow you into hell and heaven."

Hell and heaven? She raised an eyebrow and stared questioningly at him.

So strong, such pride, such dark eyebrows... isn't he just the ideal guy for every girl?"

If he was by my side, my life would be a lot easier.

But she... but she had to go.

Tears began to brim in Pingting's eyes. She turned away, refusing to let her tears flow.

Chu Beijie put his rough hand on Pingting's cheek. "Hey, why are you crying?"