Chapter 2

Day 2

The second day he started to slip, every burn, smack and cut casing him to cry out in pain, no longer able to bite down his pathetic whimpers of pain and losing his ability to bite back insults at his captors.

He still wouldn’t talk, but his cries of pain was enough for Chen to continue anyway.
Chen didn’t let him eat, or even unbind him to “relieve” himself, causing a mess on the stone floor and another stab to Kais pride.

He attempted a few times to try and fade out of consciousness, to try and block out the pain but every time he almost slipped away another surge of pain brought him straight back.

He got a small spark of satisfaction when Chen pressed another glowing hot iron to his stomach, the heat causing the firebender to straight up retch up on Chen, a mess dribbling down his own chin and chest and down the others clothing.

He gagged, tears pricking his eyes as he heaved out the last contents of his stomach on himself and the other; the bile causing a sickening burn on his open weeping wounds.
But he barked a laugh at the disgusted noise Chen made, the man reeling back and storming out.

“F-Feeling squeamish?” Kai called out after Chen, voice rough and dry from his constant screaming, it hurt to talk but god if it didn’t feel good to get a little payback.

It only felt good for a small while though.