Chapter 12

I've been seeing Haven for three months. Ive been wanting to ask her if she'd like to be my girlfriend. Coming to her place, I lightly knock. Haven answers, she hugs me. Like always, I place a rose in her hair. We go in and I sit beside her. "Kai." I look at Haven. "I've been wanting to ask. Would you like to come to my families reunion next week, as my boyfriend. I love you." I'm floored but turn to her. Cupping her cheek, I kiss her lips this time. "I'd love to, and I'd be honored to be your boy, if you'd be my girl." Haven smiles and she kisses me. I smile as well and we have fun watching a movie.

I tell the guys and I get ready for the month trip. Haven's family lives in America so, we're having to fly there. Packing two bags, I meet her at the airport a week later. On the plane, Haven holds my hand, she's scared of heights. Coming through customs, I show my ID and passport. Explaining for the staff, we head to the pick up. I have Haven's bag in hand while mine are on my back. "Big brother." Haven calls, running to the boy what's waiting. "Hey Hay-Hay. How's Ningabo." "Ninjago, Austin. And I've had fun with my boyfriend. Austin, meet Kai Garmadon." I extend a hand, he takes it, squeezing to tight. I hiss, jerking my hand away. "Weakling." I pull the glove off, rolling my sleeves up. His face pales, Austin looks ready to puke. Rolling the sleeves down, I pull the glove back on. "I'm not afraid to show what has been done to me. I'm proud of them, they show I'm a fighter and a warrior." Austin grins, looking at Haven. "Dad will love hem." Haven smiles.

Austin puts the bags in the back of his pick up, I get in the back as Haven gets in front after I close her door. Austin drives to a ranch with a mansion on it. Pulling up and I open Haven's door, she takes my hand, climing out as Austin grabs the bags. I take Haven's from hem and we head to the mansion. Walking in, Austin yells out. "We're home, and Haven brought a friend."

Two people walk out, Haven's mother and father. Pulling Haven's coat off her, I hang it up on the coat rack. Pulling mine off, I place it beside hers. "Mom, Dad, meet Kai Garmadon, my boyfriend." Haven said. I shake the hand of her father "Jason." But kiss the knuckles of Haven's mother. She blushes "I'm Joann. Please, Nick is getting the fire set in the living room, come join us." She says. I walk in, looking at all the artifacts they have, I see one that catches my eye. "A jade blade." I say, looking at Jason. "Yes, one of sixteen that we have around the house. Someone from overseas had made them for something and they were sold afterwards." Jason said.

"Dang it, the sparker us fried on the fire. Sorry guys, no fire tonight." The fly by the fire says. "I wouldn't say that. Got any real wood or is that just a gas fire." I ask. "We have real wood for incase something like this happens, but no matches." Nick says. I go over, arranging some logs. "Why do you need stick matches." I begin, Haven smiles. "When I'm a lighter." My hand goes up in flames, I set the logs on fire. Haven smiles as I sit beside her. "Those jade blades, a former enemy made them for a tournament. He used us to get our elemental abilities to recreate the serpentine tribe known as the anacandri. His name, was master Chen, but he was no master. After we defeated hem, Chen captured and torchered me for seven months. By the time my brothers-in-arms found me, I didn't even recognize them. I fell into a catatonic state for eight months and when I came out, I could no longer be a ninja. So, I asked my father and uncle to train me as a sensei and here I am. Three years and I'm happy. Now, sadly, I have permanent bruises, cut scars, some of which are still open. Brands, burns and scar tissue around my wrists and ankles. On top of that, I only have fourty-eight percent of movement in my joints from them being repeatedly popped out and back in." I explain.

Joann has the look of discuss on her face. "Who would do that." She asks. "When your an elemental master, ninja and protector of Ninjago, you have a target on your back. I even have one still for being a former ninja turned sensei." I say. Jason nods as an elderly couple walk in. "Hey MiMi, PawPaw." Haven says. I stand, Haven introduces me and I give my seat to Carol. "My my, you don't find many gentlemen. Did y'all meet in Ninjago." Vence says. "Kai stopped and helped me with my groceries, I had too many bags. Since than, he's been showing me the sights of his beloved city for the last three months and we became a couple a week ago." Haven says, leaning on my chest as I lean on the walls. I wrap my arms around her, hands resting on her middle. My chin rests on her shoulder as I hold Haven to me. Suddenly, I hear a noise, my head jurks up, cocking it to the side. "What is it, Kai." Haven asks, she knows if I take this posture, danger is near by. A car door slams shut, Nick peeks out, his eyes go wide. "Call the cops, Brocks here." Nick says. I grab my staff, standing before Haven as Brock walks in. "Where is she. Where's my girlfriend." Haven grabs my shirt as Brock walks in. I hold my staff out, blocking the asshole that messed up Haven's life. "Move jackass. I'm here for what's mine. Move, or I'll make you." Brock says. "I'd do it if I were you, you don't know what he's like. He'll kill you." Austin says. I crouch, fire in my eyes. "You asked for it, wanna be." Brock charges, right hand coming to meet my stomach.

Sidestepping, grabbing his arm, I flip hem over my shoulder, placing an arm bar on hem. Brock gets out, he reaches behind his belt, grasping for something that's no longer there. "Looking for this." I hold the fifty caliber pistle. Discharging the magazine, emptying the chamber, I disasimble the gun in all but five seconds. Brocks eyes goes wide as does all but Haven's. "I'm a ninja bitch. I know how to fight, defend and protect. Touch my girl and family, I'll break every bone in your body and slowly, painfully kill you. And that's not a treat, but a promise. Now, get out." My voice has a growl to it and Brock leaves.

"How...he is trained in marshal arts." Nick said. I scuff "I've been trained since the age of ten, I'm twenty-one. Plus, I have two other abilities that are unknown to others. Haven knows about them but not my enemies."I say. "I take it you see us as enemies." Jason says. "When I said touch my girl and family, I meet y'all included." Joann hugs me, I return it. "You, my boy, are a keeper." Jason said. I smile, as a roar sounds. "Oh, Duncan must be back. Kai, ever see a dragon." Nick asks. "I have one. She's home with the other ninjas." I said as we go out. Five dragons lay curled in the yard. A sixth had just landed.

"Hey mom, dad, brothers, sister. Sup stranger." I nod, looking the black and red streaked dragon over. He lowers his head, sniffing me and purrs. "He smells another dragon on you. But, he's mated to an beautiful silver dragon. So, if yours is a male, he'll fight." Duncan says. "Mine's female." I say as wing beats sound. "Here she is, see Kai, she's gorgeous." I look and go wide eye as AryzSeyrVala lands beside Duncan's dragon. Aryz looks at me, chirping and nuzzles me. "So, this is where you scamper off to. I'm impressed, Aryz." I say as she nuzzles me. "Wait, she's yours." Nick asks. I nod and Jason smiles. "I knew I liked you. Welcome to the family." I smile as AryzSeyrVala picks me up, she sets me on her bear back. 'Let's fly.' She takes to the sky at rocket speed.

We do moves the guys below can only dream of. Coming back, AryzSeyrVala lands, I reach a hand out to Haven. She hesitates but takes it. Lifting her up and infront of me, AryzSeyrVala gently takes to the sky. She flies to the clouds, Haven loving the sight. "Its,,,peaceful up here." She says, running her hands through the clouds. I smile, kissing her cheek as AryzSeyrVala banks to land.

A few weeks pass, me and Haven have returned to Ninjago. Coming to the monastery, Lloyd crushes me in a hug. "Oh, so sweet." We look at a man at the door. He rises a hand, I get infront of Haven. The blast hits me and I black out.