Chapter 6

Cole's p.o.v

Waking the next morning, pushing the mattress back, I look Kai over. His eyes are closed, breathing deep and slow. Going to the medbay, I get a bottle of bath disinfectant. Zane makes this for when we have to soak in a bath. A fourth of the bottle is used but, I may half to use half. Kai's wounds are heavy in infection.

Coming back to the room, Kai's glazed red eyes are looking at the far wall. Going to the bathroom, running the water, pouring the bottle in, I go to retrieve Kai. Slipping the boxers I slide on Kai off, I gently pick hem up. Setting hem gently in the water, his head leans on the tub lid. Grabbing a rag, I start washing my brother. A soft knock sounds, Wu and Garmadon at the door. "No change." I shake my head. "His wounds are heavy in infection. I'm washing my brother for the first time in seven months. Who knows what Chen did."

They nod, Wu walks up. Kai's gaze is fixed on my faced as I wash hem. "I'm assigning you to care for your brother. Seeing how you the only one that can touch hem. I'm also excusing you training. Until Kai gets better, he'll need your help." Wu says. "Yes sensei." I bow my head. Pulling the plug, lifting Kai once more, I take hem to the bed. Slipping clean boxers on hem, Garmadon touches my shoulder.

This continues for the next eight months, the others have given up on Kai ever recovering. I'm leading hem around the room to work his legs and arms. He'll hold onto my arm but looks straight ahead. That night, i finally break. Laying behind my brother in the bed, I cry into his back.

"Kai, please, brother. I need you back, I need you home. I need you." I cry myself asleep.

Kai's p.o.v

One of the things I notice, I'm warm. The cold air of the cell isn't touching me. I'm comfortable, I'm warm. This is a sick joke Chen. Opening my eyes, my vision is hazy as fuck. Blinking, wood comes into focus. The hell. Movement behind me has me fearing it's Chen. A figure comes into view, it's....Cole. He looks older, rings under his eyes, hair slightly out of place. He's even lost weight, the hell. 'Cole.' I try, it only comes out as a whisper. He turns his head, looking at me than turns to his closet. I make a growl,his head wrips around to me, I growl again. Eyes looking at hem than flicking to the door. His eyes go wide, coming over and kneels. "Blink once for no, twice for yes. Kai, are you home." His voice is deeper and husky. Not knowing what he means, I growl. A grin splits his face, he hugs me. "Your back, your home. It's been eight months sence we found you. Thank God your home. You've been in a catatonic state for that long. I've been caring for you." My heart soured at that. I grunt 'thank...you...brother.' I rasp/growl. "Let me get some water." Cole runs out. I close my eyes, I'm home. My body is in agony but I'm home.

Cole's p.o.v

Coming to the dinning room, the others look at me. Going to the kitchen, zane's making breakfast. "Can I have a plate of that for Kai." I ask, going to the fridge. Grabbing two water bottles, Zane lays out two plates of food. "By the way." I said at the door. "Kai woke up." Zane drops the spatula he's using. Coming to my room, Kai has propped himself up by pillows. He smiles as I sit on the bed, taking some eggs and feeding it to hem.

Kai's p.o.v

Licking my lips after the eggs are done, Cole tears the sausage up and gives it. Humming, the door opens. Jay, Zane and the others walk in. Finishing the bite, I look at my family, the ones that saved me. Zane lightly touches my shoulder, a smile on his face. "Welcome back, brother." He says, Nya hugs me, crying. Painfully, I hug her back. Cole sets the empty plate down, eatting his as I nuzzle Nya. "After I finish, you need a bath again." Cole says, talking to me. "It looks....like you....need one....as well....brother." i said, voice strained and hourse. "That I do. That I do, brother." Cole hugs me, one I happily return.

Three weeks pass, Cole helps to rehabilitate me. Sadly, I can never be a ninja again. The damage that was down to my joints is too savere. I still want to help somehow. Waking one morning, I go to m dresser. I moved back in here last week. Changing, I go to Wu and Garmadon's room. Lightly knocking, Garmadon opens the door. He steps aside, I walk in. Wu smiles as I kneel on a mat. "Kai, we've been meaning to talk to you." "With all due respect, may I speak first." Wu nods for me to continue. "I wish to be trained as a sensei. I want to help and I can't by sitting around, nursing wounds that won't heal anymore. I wish to lend my fire another way." I say. The brothers smile "We were going to ask that same thing of you. You asking it, gives us the permission to go forward." "I wish to train in secret. I'd like to surprise everyone." The brothers nod. "We have three hours till training with the others, let's begin yours." Garmadon said.