Chapter 4: More power, more problems.

Here I am, back once more with another chapter for The Tradesman. Hope you have a great read, 'cause I am certainly enjoying this little hobby of mine. Anyway, I really don't have an excuse for this.

Between the Coronavirus and me taking my online classes for PC maintenance, I kinda gotten lazy and neglected this story 😔😔😩😩. With that out of the way, this will be my longest chapter yet.

Enjoy

Third POV:

After a long restful night, the sun was up and morning came. Y/n was finally up stretching and yawning. Getting up out of bed, he took one more look at the strange book. Wary of how it got into his apartment, he contemplated whether or not to take it with him. After a few seconds, he chose to take it with him into to living room.

Deciding on what to make for breakfast, he just said 'fuck it' and picked out some random food from the pantry and fridge. Taking out some potatoes, I used Datsue-ba to cut up some onions and potatoes, with the onions causing my eyes to tear up.

With the food falling on a cutting board, I start to take out a skillet and add a splash of oil on skillet. I turned on the fire and went to the table to read the book, waiting for the pan to heat up.

Opening the book, I couldn't help but read it with anticipation. I mean, I am born with a connection to a literal nonexistent force in the multiverse and I am supposed to be someone to replace an old Avatar. Looking through the index, I decided that the best start would be the Outsider's origin.

Flipping through the pages I saw an illustration of the Outsider on one page, and on the next one was some text.

Reading his origin from the text next to it, the Outsider was an orphan, a beggar who came from a broken home, and was then found by a cult who knew of the Void's existence

Reading his origin from the text next to it, the Outsider was an orphan, a beggar who came from a broken home, and was then found by a cult who knew of the Void's existence. The boy was taken, because he was around several omens that are signs that indicated that he was a perfect candidate for being the Void's avatar.

Taking him off the streets against his free will, he was caged, abused, and practically tortured... until the time came for him to die. They dressed him in their finest clothes, colored with pigments and dyes, had him adorn rings on his fingers... right before tying him down and cutting his throat with a twin-bladed knife.

The same knife I was given. The ritual bound his spirit to the Void, his body deconstructing and vanishing into thin air, with a majority of the cultists being turned into what they call the Envisioned. What really got me curious is that some of the words are highlighted for more information, indicated by how the words glow in a green light.

Hearing a popping sound, I was just reminded that I was still cooking.

Y/n: OH SHIT!

Running over, I threw the food into the skillet and started flipping it around to have all of the potatoes and veggies to cook evenly.