Chapter 5: The Crown Killer.

What is up, guys and gals? AnAverageComedian, back with another chapter for The Tradesman. Hope you enjoy. Disclaimer:Like everyone else, I don't own anything except the OCs.

Third POV:

Y/n and Grace, hanging around a rooftop and sitting by each other's side. The self-proclaimed Huntsman was messing with his twin-bladed knife, trying to change its form. While he was doing that, Grace was writing in her journal, to pass the time. The pages were covered by different drawings and what looked like poems and artwork.

Grace: Hey, quick question but, what was your idea of an ideal Huntsman?

Y/n, taking a deep breath, thought on that question for a few seconds before speaking.

Y/n: (sighs) Being a Huntsman for me is an obligation that anyone can commit to. A Huntsman has 2 directives. One is to hunt down and kill the Grimm, the second is to protect and preserve the lives of others. However, there is a problem with that, mainly involving the people who were accepted into the Hunter Academies and the Council of the 4 kingdoms. Well, technically three kingdoms, since Vacuo overthrew their government as soon as it was established 80 years back. The Council may have the Kingdoms' best interests as their top priority, but that doesn't include the people who live outside the kingdom walls.

Gliding a hand over his face, he continued.

Y/n: It was how I grew up. Outside the kingdom walls in a village, dozens of miles from Mistral, I am not blind to the struggles of the wildlands. There is always a village being overrun by bandits, Grimm, or some other bullshit. The funny thing is that no one tried helping themselves. We may have local communications to send out a request for Hunters to come help, but we are always at the bottom of their list of priorities. A day doesn't go by as I saw village after village get wiped out, because they waited in vain for some hero to come save them.

Y/n: One lesson I learned, you gotta watch out for your own, but you can't just leave people to die either. My village knew that lesson a long time ago, being surrounded by killers and thieves. So to cut a long story short, my vision of an ideal Huntsman is a Guardian and philosopher. A professional who keeps the Grimm at bay, and teaches everyone to be independent, so they can stand up for each other. Being a Huntsman shouldn't get in the way of my personal life, so if I can help the people fight for themselves, and do it as a united front... then I can finally rest knowing I don't have to fight for them every waking moment.

Grace: But shouldn't they already be like this or something? Y'know, doing the jobs of Huntsman in large groups?

Y/n: Huntsman are similar to law enforcement and military. That would be breaking the law, counting as a criminal offense of Vigilantism.

The former witch's eyes nearly popped open, shocked at the sheer incredulity of that statement.

Grace: WHAT!?! That makes no sense.

Y/n: In order to take missions, you need a license that is received after graduation. I guess that everyone is more concerned with following the law. Honestly, the only reason why I was going to the academy was so I don't get caught again, being a hunter without a license. My mom had no problems with what I was doing, but she didn't want to make a habit of bailing me out of trouble when I got caught.

Grace: That kinda sounds like a vigilante, like that Spider-man or even Daredevil.

Y/n: Who the hell is Daredevil? What, does he fight crime and perform stunts as a side job?